Daily Check in March 12, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in March 12, 2018

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I've got salad fixings in the fridge and can use a pouch of tun for protein. Now I need to find the motivation to make it up rather than saying "I'll treat myself to a meal out.

After work I will go to Costco, renew my membership, get gas and pick up a short list of things. Then it is support group night.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in March 12, 2018

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Up early and planning on getting the day started. I am very worried about our cat. She seems to have stopped eating and using the kitty litter box. I have a bad feeling this time around. I think Hubby and I will be taking her to the vet today.

The day should pass like any other Monday with me doing laundry, and all those other usual Monday household tasks. My arm is a bit painful this morning (one of the reasons I am up earlier than usual) so I am not sure how much will be done. Things may get left until later in the week.

I am also a bit concerned re this cast removal three weeks earlier than the first time I broke this wrist. I could be getting ahead of myself as the doctor said we will see about removing it the next time I saw him. I am hoping it is remove the plaster cast and give me a fiberglass one for the last few weeks.

Supper this evening will be hot dogs, baked beans and probably the leftover potatoes from last nights dinner cut up with a bit of onion and pan fried.

Today I am grateful that slowly but surely things are leaving my house and the basement is slowly taking shape.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good rainy Monday morning all,

Today, we are expecting rain most of the day. There will be less pressure to get things done in the garden. And more encouragement to work in the house. I hope the rain will reduce the pollen some too. We will contact the driveway guy today and give him the go-ahead. I have been researching companion gardening. I did a bit of it last year, mostly by accident. I found I enjoyed seeing tomatoes and peppers among the flowers. Herbs are common companions. My herb seeds have not done well. So it will be a continuing process this year. I used coffee cans to layer my big flower pots this spring. These are the cardboard cans with metal rims. They are the right height to make a taller center section in a large pot. And a great recycle. I planted snapdragons in them with pansies surrounding the can. It worked out well and the snaps did fine. I have a few more cans now, so I will be looking for layering opportunities. Layering is pretty.

Mondays are a great day for planning the week. This morning, I will fluff dry a load of laundry I line dried yesterday. And attack the dishes. Hubs started sweeping the floors and so I don't know if I should or wait until he does. It will be a great day to finish organizing the utility/safe room as well. so plenty to do. Although my trip to Home Depot to use my coupon was unsuccessful yesterday, because they didn't have the plants I wanted, the coupon is still good until Wednesday and Lowe's has the plants I want. Hubs has a prescription for pickup and that is on the way to Lowe's. The weather will be clear by then. A stop at Walmart market and Starbuck's for used coffee grounds both along the way should make the trip productive.

Hubs could not walk as far yesterday, but it is still better than last week. Little steps. We checked our weight yesterday since it was warm enough to wear shorts. Sadly, no real change. Hubs still needs to lose about 10 pounds to be in normal BMI. I just feel fluffy with a bit of a muffin top. :(

Hubs is all upset about this next installment of the inheritance. It is not clear what the procedure to get the money is, an IRA in an annuity. His read of the situation and his brother's opinion do not agree. But to his brother, it looks like it will be ordinary income which will bump us up. I had looked forward to the easy taxes this year with President Trump's tax reform. Now it may not be as easy.

Today, I am grateful for rain. Water the plants, clean the air of pollen and maybe even wash the car a bit. Have a good day everyone. Stay safe.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

Jackie, I hope your kitty is okay...it is worrying when they don't feel well.

Up with the alarm, dark and dreary looking outside, will wait a short bit before feeding and releasing the hens.
I started the woodstove, and have my list made but don't have much drive for anything yet. Hope my attitude improves. :?

Need to clean the kitchen and clean some strawberries, might make some shortcakes, I like them plain but dad likes them sugared and shortcaked.

Dogs need a bath, again....we shall see if I have the energy to do that today or it is has to wait until tomorrow.
Off to get busy or maybe drink more coffee in hopes it perks me up.
Have a great, safe, appreciative day all,
JCKitty
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Jackielou wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:28 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

Up early and planning on getting the day started. I am very worried about our cat. She seems to have stopped eating and using the kitty litter box. I have a bad feeling this time around. I think Hubby and I will be taking her to the vet today.

The day should pass like any other Monday with me doing laundry, and all those other usual Monday household tasks. My arm is a bit painful this morning (one of the reasons I am up earlier than usual) so I am not sure how much will be done. Things may get left until later in the week.

I am also a bit concerned re this cast removal three weeks earlier than the first time I broke this wrist. I could be getting ahead of myself as the doctor said we will see about removing it the next time I saw him. I am hoping it is remove the plaster cast and give me a fiberglass one for the last few weeks.

Supper this evening will be hot dogs, baked beans and probably the leftover potatoes from last nights dinner cut up with a bit of onion and pan fried.

Today I am grateful that slowly but surely things are leaving my house and the basement is slowly taking shape.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie, I've just said a prayer for your sweet Shania. I'll be thinking of you. (((Hugs)))
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Beautiful sunny chilly morning.

We had to turn on the heat this morning.

I am sleepy. Woke up in the middle of the night and then the COD got up and I couldn't go back to sleep. Then when he leaves he calls me to tell me something. The dogs start barking and I can't hear a thing.

Almost felt like writing this day off and just lounging, but I did that yesterday. It is too nice to waste. Have to take advantage of this nice weather. Not that I am going to do anything outside though. Just don't have the urge to garden. I think it is because in the end, it just turns into a pile of dry leaves and vines that have to be disposed of. I want it to look good all the time! Is that too much to ask? :mrgreen:

Hope all have a great day.