Daily Check in March 13, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in March 13, 2018

Post by clemencia2us »

Another nice cool sunny day.

Turned on the heat to get the chill out of the house - just 72.

Thinking of what I am going to do today.

Did buy the items needed to make crockpot chicken and dressing. I feel bad sometimes since I hardly cook dinner. Since feeling so blah I have lost my appetite. Probably why I have lost weight. Good? Bad? Who knows.

I told the COD that I really need to get a job to take up my time. Yes, there are things I need to do here at home, but that doesn't interest me.

Went to this friends house the other day and she told us, be warned - "my house is a mess". And it was, but she is not a housekeeper. She is retired, used to do things with groups, but now takes care of grandkids. She'd rather do things like that. She does cook. I liked her honesty!! :mrgreen:
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello All,

Sunny day today, and highs to rise up near 60F. It's making me want to dig in my garden, though not really as the ground is still frozen.

Yesterday I gave myself the doable chores of cleaning kids bathroom & ds15's laundry. I also folded & put away Dh's, & my, laundry baskets.

Today's chores include washing more laundry for girls & me, possibly making gf banana muffins (I need to stop buying bananas as kids & hubby don't seem to be eating them), slicing up my GF sandwich bread to freeze in 2-slice bags, and buying milk & a big bag of salad for a funeral Thursday. Plus feeding animals.

Saturday, Sunday, and Monday were no-spend days... and I'm behind on my cataloging of them,and my financial journal -- no money has been saved recently though; more seems to be going out than coming in. :( I've lost interest in doing anything on Mturk too, lots of work for $0.50.

Dinner tonight will be either leftover Pot roast & veg cobbled together in a stew, OR?? Maybe a Shepherd's Pie.

I think I need to start walking again, I feel kind of depressed. Maybe it's my constant lack of sleep... was awake in the night from midnight-ish to 3-4am from a painful headache and restlessness. Dh had the window open, my cold head & ears didn't help.

Today I'm thankful to be NOT working (I scheduled today off for visiting teaching), as the 4 days in a row last week dragged down my energy considerably (and Saturday wasn't much for building it back up). Am most grateful for the sun too, though we need moisture BAD!!

After I make some phone calls, I'm going to crochet awhile on a hat for the Magic Yarn Project (https://themagicyarnproject.com/). It's almost finished!

=) Gayle
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:57 am Hello All,

I think I need to start walking again, I feel kind of depressed. Maybe it's my constant lack of sleep... was awake in the night from midnight-ish to 3-4am from a painful headache and restlessness. Dh had the window open, my cold head & ears didn't help.

Today I'm thankful to be NOT working (I scheduled today off for visiting teaching), as the 4 days in a row last week dragged down my energy considerably (and Saturday wasn't much for building it back up). Am most grateful for the sun too, though we need moisture BAD!!

After I make some phone calls, I'm going to crochet awhile on a hat for the Magic Yarn Project (https://themagicyarnproject.com/). It's almost finished!

=) Gayle
Gayle - I also wonder if my lack of sleep is making me feel this way - depressed.

I woke up again in the middle of the night. The dogs didn't do it - they slept soundly. The COD didn't make too much noise either. I just worry about the littlest things.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Not much new today, I washed a load of towels. They are dry. I have towels and sheets to fold

I wanted to bake brownies I can’t I don’t have enough sugar. I do have enough for oatmeal cookies. I put sugar on my shopping list. Last time I bought sugar I bought it much too soon and it got lumpy.

I am scheduled to go shopping Friday morning because this week is spring break. The person who helps me with my shopping is a teacher.

I got side tracked. I have done a few things. Mostly looking for a missing stuffed doll I made almost 30 years ago. I have no idea what happened to her. I have looked everywhere I thought she might be. I have found several other missing items. I can’t think of any other place to look.

Under my bed, behind shelves. I just thought of 2 more places to look. She was not there either.

Penny
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Dgflorida wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:42 am Good Tuesday morning all,

I will prepare a 10% down check for the driveway guy to pick up today. I am always a bit nervous about giving money prior to the work being down, but it is the fashion now and the company has a good reputation. The handymen gave me an estimate on a couple of jobs and I know the guy was tired when he came out. There appears to be some mistakes. I will call him another day. They have decided to put their mother in a home and his voice is so sad and exhausted. His pain is real.

This morning, I will head out to run errands. I could do it tomorrow, but I was stuck in the house all day yesterday due to rain and I have cabin fever. The kitchen looks better though.

I will try the hot water cotton treatment of hubs shirts today. And I will also soak a couple of stained tee shirts in borax water. I will wash and line dry tomorrow.

I finally got a birthday coupon from the shoe place. It is not impressive. I am not thinking about shoes right now. Later if at all. Hubs is walking farther, almost to the produce stand. Maybe next week, I will start carrying my produce bag. :)

Today, I will process a family pack of thawed chicken, skin and debone, and fillet and freeze the breast meat. Process the skin and bones for soup to serve tomorrow along with the chicken. We will have the last of ground beef tonight as chili. I will also put a 5lb roll of ground beef in the frig to thaw for processing on Thursday. Sometimes, I wonder if I really need an extra freezer. Well, none are on sale right now, so I don't have to worry.

Today, I am grateful that my husband's health is improving. Have a good day everyone. Stay safe.
It is so good to hear that your husband's health is improving.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Snowing...and snowing....and snowing.