Daily check in March 15, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily check in March 15, 2018

Post by clemencia2us »

I did break down and ordered some new clothes.

Two tops and a pair of jeans. I've lost weight and my size ten jeans are too loose, so ordered size 8.

They had 30 percent sale at JJill. Love their clothes. So comfy.

I took out a couple of tops I didn't wear this winter. Plan on donating.

Weird, but I like them, just hardly ever wore them -lol. Still in almost new condition too. But they have to go. Why keep them around.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. It is a lovely sunny day and going to go up to about 66 F. Spring fever is starting and I am sneezing my head off so I am not sure if it is an allergy or too much dust in my bedroom. I have stripped the bed down to the mattress and I am washing everything to hang on the clothes lines in the garage. Also today my aide is here for 5 hours and we will wipe down all of the furniture in my bedroom with Murphy's oil soap.. The dust may have come from the boxes of files and other things I have to sort through in the line of paper. I brought them in here to do when I was feeling up to organizing but they have been sitting here for a lot longer than they should so moved them to the craft room. Anyway it will be nice to get one room cleaned from top to bottom..then next week we can tackle another room.

Have a good and frugal day. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:22 am I did break down and ordered some new clothes.

Two tops and a pair of jeans. I've lost weight and my size ten jeans are too loose, so ordered size 8.

Weird, but I like them, just hardly ever wore them -lol. Still in almost new condition too. But they have to go. Why keep them around.
Wow Clem down to a size 8! Where you trying to loose weight or just not eating like you should? Anyway congrats.. I am not sure if I was ever a size 8...lol..
Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

alliesmama4 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:31 am
clemencia2us wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:22 am I did break down and ordered some new clothes.

Wow Clem down to a size 8! Where you trying to loose weight or just not eating like you should? Anyway congrats.. I am not sure if I was ever a size 8...lol..
Janet Alliesmama
Nor really trying to lose weight. As I've gone on about it here - I've just not been feeling myself and that includes eating. Nothing appeals to me. Some days I have to force myself to eat. But I have been smaller so this size isn't something I haven't seen before. I am still over my maximum allowable weight for the air force by ten pounds. And even then, that is a good 25 pounds over what I weighed when I was in basic training. 148 compared to 112!
AnneX

Post by AnneX »

Good Morning

Another cold day. Seems like it will be like this through the end of March. Grateful to have a warm place to live.

The tomato and herb seeds i planted on Sunday are germinating like crazy - only the 2 kinds of parsley show no signs of life yet. it''s fun to have this shelf full of Spring inside while outside all is grey and bleak.

I stayed home yesterday until evening, when i went with a friend to a presentation on our city as seen through the eyes of various notables including an architect, a photography gallery owner and a well known film maker. Followed by a panel discussion Mostly quite interesting.

Today i will go to dancercise, followed by a quick lunch with friends and then on to the library for book club. i didn't like the book much - it will be interesting to see what others think. I expect some of us will go for coffee afterward.

Supper may be a frozen entree or it may be soup.

Congratulations on the weight loss, Maggie.
I sympathize with those of you are feeling somewhat depressed. It seems to be a pretty common complaint at this time of year. We are ready for Spring, but it isn't ready for us.

Take care,
AnneX
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Today is bill paying, bank going, grocery shopping day. By the time I get home, scan the groceries, and put then away I am exhausted. Being as I know that happens I will try to get the household chores done this morning. I don't have many to do, but would love to get them all completed before leaving the house.

Another nice day today. The sun is shining though that is supposed to change come late afternoon. The forecast is calling for rain, and then towards the end of the weekend, beginning of next week they are forecasting snow. I guess winter this year could be throwing one more storm our way.

Frugally speaking spending will be kept to a minimum, I will be using leftovers for our lunches for the next few days, meals prepared at home, you know all the regular frugal happenings here will keep right on happening.

I have been doing a little spool knitting/corking in the evenings while watching TV, and while it is slow going and my wrist gets tired out I at least feel like I am in stash busting mode once again. Makes me feel like I am making some headway.

Supper this evening is going to be pork chops baked in the oven over a bed of rice, smothered in mushroom sauce. Served with the remaining asparagus.

Today I am grateful for coffee this morning.

Everybody have a great day.

Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/