Daily check in March 15, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily check in March 15, 2018

Post by mbrudnic »

"Beware the Ides of March" That's today, right?

Good morning frugal friends,
My lunch is packed. I am out of Oatmeal and I don't like the big container of yogurt I bought. So breakfast is up in the air.

Tonight I will be teaching a module in a Mentoring class for an IT certification. The students are co-workers.

Saw my Metabolic Dr yesterday, I am down almost 15 lbs in the past month. Now I need to add in exercise.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Dgflorida

Re: Daily check in March 15, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Good chilly Florida morning all,

I sure hope this is the last time I have to drag in my potted plants. Weather is supposed to warm at least 10 days out. I am feeling a bit depressed for no particular reason. The cold weather is certainly a factor. I am pushing forward with my various projects, but despite all my good fortune, I am not upbeat.

Yesterday, I used my coupon and got pavers and plumbago plants discounted. Enough plants to do the fence. I also got 3 bags of lovely asparagus on sale at the Aldi's next to Lowe's. Ate one for dinner. Made an appointment for windows for this afternoon. It is with Lowes. Hubs really wants to go to the local dealers, but I am not wild about driving that far. Well, we need prices from several anyways and the estimate is free. I love free. Still waiting on the emailed contract from the driveway person. This is a pattern with contracts now days. They will give you a copy of the proposal, but not the signed contract on the spot. With the roof, they said it was a multipage deal and so they didn't have a copy. They did send it via email. So it is common practice. I have not confronted the handyman on his incorrect scope of project yet. I think his mother's health issues is messing with his mind. Seems like I am running around all day and then too tired at night to tackle that. I did find the ornate iron I want on the house front. I already have ornate iron columns. I just need something to soften the corner where the column meets the roof overhang. It turns out ornate iron shelf brackets are perfect. I can order them and put them on myself.Watching for the right design. Frugal idea.

This morning, I will buy corned beef and cabbage on sale at Save alot. I know it will take 4 or 5 hours to cook in the slow cooker, but it would be a nice meal for a cold night. Hopefully, the last cold night.

Hubs walked the longest way yesterday. We met a neighbor as we started out and she walked along with us. I described my intentions for the house and the insistence on aluminum windows and she said they have vinyl ones and the ones facing the sun have indeed become foggy(leaked). The warranty was no good because they were not the original buyers. Educational.

The small payout from the "IRA inside the annuity" inheritance has become a headache for hubs and his brother. I am not clear on how they are going to handle it. I suggested we talk to a professional, but so far, hubs has been resistant. He knows as much as they do. :roll:

Today, I am grateful that I am strong enough to unload the garden pavers and bags of garden soil myself. Have a good day everyone. Stay safe and warm.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

Because I did not have to cook supper for dad last evening we had a girls night at the Chinese restaurant that we all love....it was good, too much food but really fun.

It is cold this morning but the weather dude says we may get up to 50 degrees, I hope so, I am tired of cold weather. Sunshine and not grey skies would go a long way to improving my outlook.

I need to do some housework and do floors, supper tonight is ham and sweet potatoes, creamed peas and salad.

Might start moving some spring clothes into place, I won't put all of the winter things away but maybe some. It is really a matter of just changing them between closets, so technically I can still get to them.

Not much else going on, have a great safe and appreciative day all,
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I'm not tired of the cold weather yet.

Of course by that I mean 50 or 60 degrees. Not as cold today as yesterday - sad. That means the days will start to get warmer. It was nice yesterday. Very sunny.

I bought three tomato plants and so far I have planted two. I plant one a day. Don't want to wear myself out -lol.

DGFlorida - don't know what to say about the depressed feeling. Maybe just trying to keep going when all you really want to do is relax and have fun - no worries? Just lay out on the beach with a nice drink in your hand, reading a book under an umbrella? Or driving around the country with a good friend taking in all the sites? A nice relaxing easy going life? None of this grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, yard maintaining, budget making, daily grind?

What can you do?

Have a good one.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

mbrudnic wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:22 am "Beware the Ides of March" That's today, right?

Good morning frugal friends,
My lunch is packed. I am out of Oatmeal and I don't like the big container of yogurt I bought. So breakfast is up in the air.

Tonight I will be teaching a module in a Mentoring class for an IT certification. The students are co-workers.

Saw my Metabolic Dr yesterday, I am down almost 15 lbs in the past month. Now I need to add in exercise.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Maggie congrats on the weight loss.. Keep up the good work.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dgflorida wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:54 am Good chilly Florida morning all,

I sure hope this is the last time I have to drag in my potted plants. Weather is supposed to warm at least 10 days out. I am feeling a bit depressed for no particular reason. The cold weather is certainly a factor. I am pushing forward with my various projects, but despite all my good fortune, I am not upbeat.

Yesterday, I used my coupon and got pavers and plumbago plants discounted. Enough plants to do the fence. I also got 3 bags of lovely asparagus on sale at the Aldi's next to Lowe's. Ate one for dinner. Made an appointment for windows for this afternoon. It is with Lowes. Hubs really wants to go to the local dealers, but I am not wild about driving that far. Well, we need prices from several anyways and the estimate is free. I love free. Still waiting on the emailed contract from the driveway person. This is a pattern with contracts now days. They will give you a copy of the proposal, but not the signed contract on the spot. With the roof, they said it was a multipage deal and so they didn't have a copy. They did send it via email. So it is common practice. I have not confronted the handyman on his incorrect scope of project yet. I think his mother's health issues is messing with his mind. Seems like I am running around all day and then too tired at night to tackle that. I did find the ornate iron I want on the house front. I already have ornate iron columns. I just need something to soften the corner where the column meets the roof overhang. It turns out ornate iron shelf brackets are perfect. I can order them and put them on myself.Watching for the right design. Frugal idea.

This morning, I will buy corned beef and cabbage on sale at Save alot. I know it will take 4 or 5 hours to cook in the slow cooker, but it would be a nice meal for a cold night. Hopefully, the last cold night.

Hubs walked the longest way yesterday. We met a neighbor as we started out and she walked along with us. I described my intentions for the house and the insistence on aluminum windows and she said they have vinyl ones and the ones facing the sun have indeed become foggy(leaked). The warranty was no good because they were not the original buyers. Educational.

The small payout from the "IRA inside the annuity" inheritance has become a headache for hubs and his brother. I am not clear on how they are going to handle it. I suggested we talk to a professional, but so far, hubs has been resistant. He knows as much as they do. :roll:

Today, I am grateful that I am strong enough to unload the garden pavers and bags of garden soil myself. Have a good day everyone. Stay safe and warm.
DG I do not know if you could be feeling tired and overwhelmed with all of your projects..I know you keep busy but you might not realize how much you do and plan on doing.. Just a thought..Take care.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama