Daily Check in March 16, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in March 16, 2018

Post by clemencia2us »

Had a nice little adventure yesterday.

I got a message from a young lady about an injured dog. I guess since I post dog stuff on my town page, they think I know what I am doing :mrgreen:

The city wouldn't help her. That kind of ticked me off.

I felt bad so took off to look for it. Easy to find. It was almost dead. I was able to pick him up and it took two vets before they said bring him in. I knew it was just to euthanize. But poor dog had been out there for hours. They did the deed. I'm glad I was able to help this poor little thing. They checked for a chip, but nope.

I'll have to ask the city about this situation.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning felloe frugalites,

I took my calcium binding pill this morning (weekly thing) and now need to wait an hour before consuming any coffee. In the previous sentence I made numerous mistakes, so if all off a sudden there are a jumble of letters that make absolutely no sense please forgive me.

A bit overcast today and the wind is howling. I am hoping the neighbouring province does not send the snow storm they received yesterday my way. At this time of year I much prefer rain as long as it does not freeze.

Frugality wise it will be as usual. I plan on eating out of cupboard and freezers for the next while. However I have a really bad feeling about our next stock up trip (which is going to be once this cast is off). I think it could be very high.

After I finish all the household tasks I plan on taking a rather large bag of items to the Salvation Army, getting them out of my hallway. I hope to have another large bag ready to go by the end of the month. Then I can sit and relax. I have watched the first two episodes of Season 6 of Call the Midwife and hope to be able to watch a couple more this afternoon. Perhaps doing some spool knitting/corking while doing so.

Supper wii be soup and egg salad sandwiches. A bit of a change from what was planned but I am pretty tired of big heavy meals. I am just not sure what kind of soup. I will either pull something out of the freezer, or hunt up the Morrocan Lentil soup recipe we both love.

Today I am grateful that I get to have a cup of coffee in 15 minutes.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Today will be my shopping day. That is fine. We are going a bit later than usual. My list is printed and in my pocket.

Yesterday I did a lot of decluttering, some went into the trash, some into the giveaway bin, and the rest was put away. The progress is slow but getting there.

I pulled out and organized my in progress knitting projects. I need to decide which one I will work on next. I haven’t done much knitting this week.

Penny
NoisyPorkchop

Post by NoisyPorkchop »

Good morning,

Been a couple of busy days around here. On Wednesday I spent the day cleaning up the yard that had been neglected since Fall. I raked up three piles of leaves in the back of my yard, pulled some weeds that were starting to sprout, laid down some fresh bark dust in my flower beds which really freshened them up and had Hubby (with much grumbling) go clean out some spots in our gutters that were plugged and would overflow every time it rained. He was really put out to have to do it on his day off but I think he started to feel a little guilty when he could see all the work I was doing ;) . As a result I am sore as all heck the last two days, lol, but the "good" kind of sore that means I gave my body a much-needed work out.

I bought a pair of black leather boots on close-out about a week ago. I had been looking for just the "right" pair that were all leather and within what I was willing to pay. These had just the right amount of heel and look good in dress pants or jeans. I realized I didn't have any boot socks that were long enough to go up over the edge of the boots and haven't had any luck finding boot socks that were not stupidly expensive or with silly fringe around the top or some other decoration. I ended up, in a fit of frustration, buying a rather plain looking set of two for the absurd price of $14.00 after looking all over the place, even in the men's sock section. I wore one pair for 2 hours and they kept sliding down my shin and into the boot! I was mad and took them back for a refund. I was dwelling on what to do on my drive back home and it dawned on me that my husband has shin-length black men's socks he wears to work. I got home and dug into his sock drawer, fished a pair out, tried them on, and they worked perfectly! Duh, why didn't I think of it sooner :roll: and save myself all the trouble. Glad to have a handy pair of socks now to wear with those boots that I didn't have to shell out a bunch of money for.

Well, I must head off to work for the day. Everyone take care and frugal on!
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

That was very clever about the socks, NoisyPorkchop.

Jackie, like you, I have a pile of stuff to go to the Salvation Army. If it ever warms up here, I need to get out my spring/summer clothes and see what will be good for another year. My closet is tiny -- three and half feet wide and one hanger deep -- and I have to choose carefully.

Today I got paid and will finally get a long-neglected haircut. When I have to start pinning swathes of hair back with side combs, it's definitely time. :-D
Mackie