Daily Check in March 16, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in March 16, 2018

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning folks,

Lather-rinse-repeat. DS2 has a spring concert Sunday night. I need to do laundry this weekend as I did not do it last weekend.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Dgflorida

Re: Daily Check in March 16, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Good cold Florida morning all,

We may have broken a low temperature record. 10 degrees lower than predicted by the weather people. I did not cover my planted plants, but I brought in my potted ones. But this should be the last dip to near the freezing mark for us. I am planting plants today.

The guy from Lowe's windows came yesterday. Usually they measure from the outside. He said he had to measure from the inside. My house was a mess. So embarrassing. :oops: We should get an estimate by Monday. I knew what I wanted and hopefully I won't die from sticker shock. Impact windows are expensive. We will see. I am using inheritance money. I still want my real shutters.

We had corned beef and cabbage last night. It was a cold night and the slow cooker worked for hours on the beef. Hubs liked it. I was ok with it, but not as good as I remembered. It will not become a standard.

Although I have a new garden coupon, I don't see anything I want from gardening. Their new sales started yesterday and nothing that great. Landscape timbers are on sale, but they are in lumber and not gardening, so the coupon doesn't work.

Today, I will unload the last of the 88c pavers from the car. Spread garden soil on the newest garden. And plant the sunflowers, zinna, tomatoes etc. That will take as much day as is available after chores. Tonight, hubs wants leftover corned beef.

Today, I am grateful that winter is almost over and I can get out shorts and a tee shirt. Have a good day everyone. Be safe.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

I am up....not much happy about it tho :( ....I feel sore and achy , has to be this stinking cold weather. I will be taking some otc pain med today. I try to fight it as much as I can on my own but too much ache today.

I am having grands here tomorrow, we are going to make and paint salt dough Easter ornaments, using small cookie cutters. Youngest loves this stuff so while messy, will be entertaining ;)

I baked a half ham for supper at dads last night, glazed it with homemade pear preserves mixed with mustard....super good and it gets rid of preserves that have been lurking in the jelly cabinet. Sweet potatoes and creamed peas. He ate good but said he was sore all over.
Brother and sister in law had taken him to doctors appointment yesterday, they had him seated in the back seat of their mini-SUV. My dad is almost 90.... why would you do this to an elderly man??? Why? Why? He said it was like riding in an airplane bathroom. He had to lay down after supper as he was aching that much. Trying to explain this to my brother is like talking to a tree....sigh...

I have stuff to do today but with this pain, it may be slow going. Cold but sunny looking...really wish warmer weather would get here.
Well enough "gritching" :?
Have a good day all,
JCKitty
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning everyone,

It's a beautiful bright, sunny day out but COLD!! Minus 17 degrees C or 1.4 degrees F. Still have a ton of snow on the ground which is a good thing I suppose for the cross country ski nationals being held here. But I'm anxious for some warmer weather and it will be a long time yet before I can even think of putting in our garden. It will warm up in the afternoon but our mornings are still awfully brisk.

I'm hoping a friend will come along with me to the free skating at an indoor arena today and we can then go for a hot drink and pastry. I still intend to go even if she can't. My dh wasn't born in Canada and has never learnt how to skate. If she can't come then I may poke my head into Winners as everything is reduced by 50%. They are moving to a new location on Mar. 20th and trying to clear as much as they can. Homesense is moving to the same location and last week when I shopped there, very few items were left. I was pretty happy with the picture frames I got though!

So aside from the usual meal preparation and cleaning up, that will be the extent of my day.

Creative
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning.

I was happy that my Florida Gators made it through the first round of the NCAA Tourney. Next up is Texas Tech and most predictions show them beating Florida. We'll see. I think Maggie's team will have an easy win this afternoon.

Yesterday my friend and I had a nice lunch. It warmed up enough to eat outside. I was lucky and got a good parking spot but parking is now $1.50/hour (meter).

Today I just have errands and then to mom's house to put the trash can in the garage. I wasn't paying attention yesterday and hit the can backing out of the driveway. I had a hard time getting it back upright but did it. Luckily the trash on top was bagged so it didn't go all over the street.

I happened to catch a short segment on PBS last night about a mom and daughter who make memory bears out of loved ones clothing. It made me cry. I think they are local and will check into having a bear made from mom's very favorite top.

Have a good day.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

The sun is gone. Back to gray dreary skies, but the cool weather left too. It isn't hot, just not chilly and will get into the 80s. I hope not any higher.

I am going to miss the chilly weather. It is so nice to sleep with the window open and the fresh air blowing in.

Going to breakfast and then who knows what.