Daily check in March 18, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Daily check in March 18, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Just starting us off.
Dgflorida

Re: Daily check in March 18, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Good foggy morning all,

Yesterday was not as productive as I had planned, but hubs got a chance to see the neighbor's world war 2 collection which I have raved about for years. He was on his feet for quite awhile.

Today, I will see if hubs wants to do a shower. He just started his no pain medication holiday and he can still move around well. I will also do a load of wash to dry in the sun. Other than that, a normal day working in the garden. Temperatures are back up to Florida 80's.

Last year, I collected seeds from my marigolds. I have been tossing them around the area of the septic tank where I planted ground cover. The ground cover has not taken off as it is supposed to. So the marigolds will be nicer than dirt. Some areas are full of young plants, some not. So I tossed a lot more out yesterday. I don't know if they will be tall or short or what color. Should be interesting and they transplant easily. And the seeds are free. I also planted milkweed for the Monarch butterfly. I tossed seeds out and transplanted little plants that came up in the yard. Along with the other flowers around and on the septic tank area, I hope to see many butterflies this year.

Today, I am grateful for warm weather, blue skies and a garden filled with flowers. Have a good day everyone. Stay safe.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I ma being lazy, I slept in ad I think I will wait and attend Mass at 4:00 PM. It is a bit cold, but I need to walk, so I may go to the Mall about noon and do some reconnaissance. I will need a new dress for DS's graduation and my cousin's wedding in June. But since I am actively losing weight, I don't want to buy until Mid-May. I am hoping to be down a dress size or two. But I need to walk.

DS1 is going over to claim stuff in Ex's basement. I asked if he was going to bring he Drum set over. DDIL said. Oh, I forgot about that. I am not sure I am prepared for that. But they asked what I might want. There should be a bin of table clothes, decorations etc left over from DS1;s grad party that I saved for DS2. Then There are plastic Easter eggs that I could use,. They are cheap enough, but if we can keep them out of the landfill...I still have my yearbooks there too. DS1 said the house is going on the market on Friday.

Have a great day,
Maggie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. It is overcast and chilly but suppose to warm up later on. Not much planned just going to take it easy. I am somewhat worn out from Spring cleaning my bedroom. It is still not done since I can only do about 10 min at a time but it is looking good.. Just need to use some wood restorative on a dresser, bedside table, and the fireplace.. Then tomorrow will wash the lamps and the knick knacks that go in the room..

Have a lovely Sunday. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

mbrudnic wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:52 am Good Morning,

I ma being lazy, I slept in ad I think I will wait and attend Mass at 4:00 PM. It is a bit cold, but I need to walk, so I may go to the Mall about noon and do some reconnaissance. I will need a new dress for DS's graduation and my cousin's wedding in June. But since I am actively losing weight, I don't want to buy until Mid-May. I am hoping to be down a dress size or two. But I need to walk.

DS1 is going over to claim stuff in Ex's basement. I asked if he was going to bring he Drum set over. DDIL said. Oh, I forgot about that. I am not sure I am prepared for that. But they asked what I might want. There should be a bin of table clothes, decorations etc left over from DS1;s grad party that I saved for DS2. Then There are plastic Easter eggs that I could use,. They are cheap enough, but if we can keep them out of the landfill...I still have my yearbooks there too. DS1 said the house is going on the market on Friday.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Maggie Someone once told me that for every 10 pounds you loose it is a dress size.. Keep up the good work.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Good morning. Playing "catch up" on chores. Making bread and chicken & stuffing for supper. Need to divide tomato seedlings, they don't look very good at the moment. It's still cold in the foyer but they need the sunlight. DH has gone out to work. I'm working at home today later on.

After my expensive car repair this week(needed for a while but procrastinated) I had enough points on my credit card to order a $50 GC. I'll probably use part of that to buy something for sis's birthday in a few weeks. Glad I can quit worrying about the car repair at least.

Have a good day. Sunny and warmer here today but they say maybe snow Monday night? :cry: