Daily Check in March 21, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in March 21, 2018

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning folks,

I sure hope that was the bomber in Austin who expired.

We have snow today. DS's school is on a 90 minute delay. It is my regular work from home day.

I did not accomplish anything yesterday, I was working on a case at work until 5 or so. Thankfully we slauntered home early. My "partner" left work and once she was back on line, I drove home. Our boss is the first out of the office, once he goes home, the rest follow.

DGS1's (birthday is next week) Canvas Easter basket arrived form Land's End. I need to dig out DGS4s. These stay at Grandma's house. LOL!

Have a great day,
Maggie
rinty

Daily Check In March 21st

Post by rinty »

Hello All,

Grumpy guts here.........partially cos I am under the weather , temp is averaging 99 to 100 and my glands are really swollen. No idea where I picked this up from.

Grumpy also cos of the DS stuff which is now crashing around everyones ears. It is so frustrating that it seems lots of people hold meetings which they then send details of a day later and task US with what needs to be done.

SOURCE THIS ONLINE

FILL OUT THESE FORMS

TURN UP IN PERSON TO THE COUNCIL OFFICES IN THE AREA YOU NO LONGER LIVE IN

Oh, and BTW do this IMMEDIATELY.

Radio silence all of last week to all my queries now this.

Oh and cope with the fallout with your son, what do you want us to do. OMG, I thought there was supposed to be a TRANSITION PLAN. For months youhave been telling us there would be one.

Off to mutter and sweat and add up total costs including extra bills they have snuck in. Still don't dare book removal van.
Dgflorida

Re: Daily Check in March 21, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all,

The rough weather ahead of a cold front came through yesterday afternoon. We had .3 inches of rain, wind etc. Some people had hail, but we didn't. I brought my little plants under cover just in case. I put my rain barrels out. Before the rains hit, I did some shopping. Lowe's does not cut their landscape timbers, so I won't be able to take advantage of their sale. :( My little car can only carry 2 full length timbers. They also had bricks on sale, but I really don't need them at this time. But Aldi's had nice asparagus and strawberries. :)

I did put the free cardboard and free leaves down on a new raised flower bed before the rain hit. I have a bag of soil to put on it and then free mulch. A job for today. Flower beds made this frugal way need more watering than traditional beds the first year or so. But they are very frugal and eventually very good.

Hubs is on his 5th day without pain medication. He is doing ok. We are not going for walks though. That is too much. I walked to the produce stand before the rain yesterday. I bought green peppers on sale and several turnips. I sliced and froze some of the green peppers and we had one with mushrooms and onions and several slices of the 50% off roast I bought. Add in on sale steamed asparagus. Excellent eating. Eggs are suddenly pricey, so I bought some turkey sausage for hubs to try for breakfast. Making sure he eats correctly occupies much of my day. He is stuck at 7lbs from his goal weight. Old dance partner is finally getting over his pneumonia. This was a rough one for him. He wants to travel. I told him I won't join him for awhile because I have major home improvements coming. We travel well together. He signed up for a dance cruise in September. I told him September is the height of hurricane season and living on hurricane alley, I don't travel then. He has a couple of other ideas for travel, but he can't make up his mind about things, so I don't take him very seriously. He makes a lot of plans for the summer. I point out that families travel during the summer and everything is booked up. He has trouble remembering that.

Today, I am grateful for the rain that leaves the air smelling so fresh and pollen free. Have a good day everyone. Be safe.
Dgflorida

Re: Daily Check In March 21st

Post by Dgflorida »

Sad for you. Sounds awful. :(
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Nice and chilly this morning. Love it

It is about 45 degrees. Too bad warmer weather will be here next week. Sorry about the extremes up north. This spell of cold then warm is not unusual. We get cold spells in April too.

Taking a sibling to the doctor today.

Had a busy day yesterday.

Got a call at 9 or so for assistance with an office move (church). Ladies decide to move things around and then don't know how to hook everything back up?? It was funny. Computers and phones etc.

That was 9 at night! What a time to start that type of thing

Anyway - hope all have a great day. Big hug to Rinty!!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites

A bit more sun today, but there looks to be some fog in the river valley. Still the weather pundits are forecasting snow for the upcoming weekend. I do wish spring would magically arrive here.

Today will be a quiet day. I need to take some photos of therenos downstairs so we have a record of some sort, make my grocery list, change the bedding on our bed, and do some small things around the house. This afternoon should be nice and quiet and that will allow me to watch Endeavor which turns out is the prequel to the Inspector Morse series already watched. It is kind of funny to see Morse as a youngun.

As you can all tell it will be another rather tiresome day hee on the old homestead. It seems as if nothing really exciting ever happens, though truth be told I do enjoy calm days that run into eachother. The most exciting part of my day lately is getting something opened with one hand that I was unable to open at the beginning of my broken wrist journey. Today I managed to get the vacuum seal off the coffee!! Little things make me so happy right now.

I think I managed to get together all the fabric and patterns for my sewing marathon come cast removal time. I won't try sewing until I get the go ahead but I am pretty sure I can prepare the fabric, prepare the pattern, pin and cut out. It will be so nice to get moving even a little bit on planned projects.

Supper this evening is going to be me using up some ramen noodles by making soup. I plan on having grilled cheese sandwiches along with.

Today I am grateful for the sunshine this morning as it has been pretty dreary the last few days.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/