Yea, My Blood Sugar Went Back UP

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Yea, My Blood Sugar Went Back UP

Post by Quilter51 »

Tricky would be the word all right. I don't test daily or do fasting , which for me is good. Kinda like not weighing myself daily cause the fluctuations are wacky. I don't go that low carb, aim for 50 9r so but don't panic.

Back on the old wagon.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Hubs is a type 2 on metformin, but when we visit his doctor next, we may discontinue it. As long as he follows his low carb diet, his numbers are significantly below diabetic. Giving up all wheat products, all sugar sweetened foods did the trick. He also lost 80 pounds. Low carb is a friend to a diabetic.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Yea, andi am not as low as i could be, nut i do well between 75 and 100 and find severe hunger pangs if i dont. Of course i make up for it with many more steps than the average guy or gal and serious strength training.

Two days on glipizide now so I am back on the wagon. My doc took me off meds as soon as I was in the normal range so I would think he could go off a month or do and see what happens.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Quilter, we tried to go keto. Hubs did ok, but I didn't. They said increase your good fat intake to compensate. All that extra fat did was give me a sour stomach on top of being hungry all the time. I am now closer to 50 grams. And that seems ok. Hubs is at 30 total grams goal although up to 50 is ok occasionally. It is tough to be diabetic and surrounded by sugar and wheat flour.