Daily check in April 14, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily check in April 14, 2018

Post by clemencia2us »

2dogs+someCats wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:17 pm Greetings Friends. Just a quick check in as I have a busy day. I had an MRI on my knee that showed no surgery is needed but it will be several weeks before I can walk normally.

I am getting around okay - I walk with a limp but it is much less than it was. I am staying off my knee as much as possible per doctor's orders. I have others walking the dogs - which the dogs had a hard time getting used to - but they are learning. This has been a challenge - our whole lives changed in a second.

Got my taxes done today. I owe $104 to federal and $140 to state - I expected worse so am a happy camper regarding that. I am off to do some grocery shopping before our expected ice storm hits -- WILL WINTER EVER END???

Take care everyone!
Glad no surgery required. Be careful. Big hug
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

Hi Frugal Friends. This is a late check-in. Today was a busy day even though I was trying for a relaxing one. I cleaned out our refrigerator this morning. Actually I started last night with the tossing of expired items. I bought a few clear bins online since I want to keep some of my shelf items separate. Those should come in in a couple days.

Not sure what we're doing for dinner exactly. I am tired after not getting a good night's sleep. I'll probably just pick up burgers.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good evening all,

Late check-in for me also. Slept in and then went to dads to finish up his laundry...I am not doing his supper tonight but couldn't depend on brother and sister in law to finish the laundry along with fixing supper.

Then we made a trip to the next larger town over, Joan's Fabric was on the list and even tho I didn't find the exact yarn I need to finish one of moms unfinished projects, I did find some that I am going to try. It is such a small area, less than 3 " on a hooked rug. IF it doesn't look right I will try to find a sweater at a thrift store and try unraveling the yarn to try that. I am determined to finish this project.

Ate lunch at Panera bread...big salad and a baguette. Still not hungry for supper, but I have beef stew from the freezer heating on top the wood stove. Yes, I restarted the wood stove as it has turned off cold and dreary grey ,again.
We went to Ulta beauty store, I replaced some of my make up and bought some new nail polish. My favorite had gotten, thick and gloopy...Nice store, I can see where a person could spend a lot of money on personal care/make up. I wear make up every day, I just don't feel like myself with out it.
Relaxing and reading on the list for this evening.
Have a great evening all,
Sheila, that is great news=no surgery , take care and be careful.
JCKitty
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

It has tirned grey and very windy. The drapes are shut and candles lit.

Another no spend day which is wonderful. I actually hope to have a few more of these days next week. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy when I manage to stay out of the stores.

Think I will pull out my knitting and get a few rows done before I need to do my exercises again.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/