Vintage pendant vs designer fashion jewelry

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
delighted99

Vintage pendant vs designer fashion jewelry

Post by delighted99 »

I'm eyeing a few items on eBay. Mother's Day isn't too far away and I've discovered I like looking through what's on sale there.

It's coming down to.. do I want to get a pendant that is made of real gold (maybe real is a stretch.. more like 10K gold) or do I want to get some designer fashion jewelry? The vintage pendant is pre-owned whereas the fashion jewelry is not. Both are about the same price.

Thoughts? Experiences?
Jackielou

Re: Vintage pendant vs designer fashion jewelry

Post by Jackielou »

I think I would go for the vintage. It will probably be something that would be unique.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I would choose the vintage item, also. It is likely better quality and a more intricate design.
Last edited by floridacatlover on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

Vintage!!
ohjodi
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

It depends on taste and style. Which calls to you the most. I am a bright, fashion jewelry type, personally.
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

Thanks for the replies. I managed to find a necklace that was sterling silver. I just couldn't do a gold plated item. Even if the plating remained for years. It arrives next week. Hope the quality is good.