Tragedy and a saving grace...

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Sandy

Re: Tragedy and a saving grace...

Post by Sandy »

2dogs+someCats wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:26 pm Awwwwww...you are such a kind family and the world needs more like you. Keep us posted Sandy!
The rehabber sent me a PM last night to say the babies had gone to Texas with her, "talking" all the way, lol. She feeds them every couple of hours so they have to go where she goes.

*edited for spelling
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Sandy just saw this. It was an education to me that possums are so necessary and good to have around the house area.. Glad you were able to save these little guys. Bless you and the woman who is taking care of them.. Good that your son was able to tell that the babies were ok and told you about them.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:06 pm Sandy just saw this. It was an education to me that possums are so necessary and good to have around the house area.. Glad you were able to save these little guys. Bless you and the woman who is taking care of them.. Good that your son was able to tell that the babies were ok and told you about them.. Janet Alliesmama
They are, indeed. Have you read the articles about how bad the tick problem is in NJ this season? I think they've even discovered a new tick species! My son poured out stale cereal mix last night but I had him take it about halfway down the drive since we seem to have been "adopted" by a raccoon, as well, and they scare me because they are as bad for rabies as skunks.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Sandy wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:14 pm
alliesmama4 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:06 pm Sandy just saw this. It was an education to me that possums are so necessary and good to have around the house area.. Glad you were able to save these little guys. Bless you and the woman who is taking care of them.. Good that your son was able to tell that the babies were ok and told you about them.. Janet Alliesmama
They are, indeed. Have you read the articles about how bad the tick problem is in NJ this season? I think they've even discovered a new tick species! My son poured out stale cereal mix last night but I had him take it about halfway down the drive since we seem to have been "adopted" by a raccoon, as well, and they scare me because they are as bad for rabies as skunks.
No I have not seen anything about the tick problem in NJ. Ticks can be deadly. My Mom, as well as a former boyfriend, both had lymes disease.. He was so sick and it affected his heart and he had to have a pacemaker.. Good to know that the possums like to eat ticks among other things. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

they are so cute!!! :mrgreen:
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

clemencia2us wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:00 pm they are so cute!!! :mrgreen:
Aren't they the sweetest things? I can certainly understand why someone would want to raise one and simply keep it as a pet.