Daily Check in April 19, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check in April 19, 2018

Post by ChristmasTrees »

mbrudnic wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:08 am Good Morning Frugal Friends,

Hearing a news story about the power outage in Puerto Rice. Those poor people. My prayers go out to them.

Anyways, yesterday, the boss decided to bring in pizza for lunch. So I will eat a big salad for breakfast to get veggies in. LOL! I have it made, ready to pack.

So I got 2 whole pork shoulders (4 roasts) cooked. Of course I spilled greasy cooking liquid all over. I have mopped the floor 3 times. But I got it pulled and ran it over to DS1's to store in their freezer. Turns out DS is working a later shift this week and both kids were on fire. I remember those days when Ex was in school. So I stayed for a bit to help her out and give her some company. When I left, both boys were bathed and in their pajamas.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Maggie, I remember my Mom helping me out like that. I appreciated it SO much and I am sure your DDIL does too.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

The sun finally came out, but I didn't make it into the sewing room, too busy baking. That will continue until sometime tomorrow as I want to make sure I have treats to send back with youngest DS for all his help.

Supper is cooking and table is set. I just hope to be finished eating at a decent time so I am not doing dishes until midnight.

I did my first set of strength exercises this afternoon and man are they hard to do. I can see why the therapist said to break up the sets. I only managed to get one set of each of them done before I started to hurt. I was told to quit if it hurt too much and it was. Soaked my wrist and massaged it a bit. I hope to be able to knit a row or two as therapy tonight.

Off to see what you all have been up to, and perhaps do another post or two.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:24 pm
icfrugal1 wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:55 pm Good morning,

BB walked, she had a bad night, if I didn't know better, I would have thought that she was a cat last night.

She was walking all over me, and laying across my neck and head, and licking me. very unusual for her. She was also jumping up and down from the bed. She is prone to "fits" so I thought that she was going to have one last night, as far as I know she did not have one last night, but she did want to be close. Very UNUSUAL for her she is very standoffich, I held her close last night.

Today I am baking bread and going to my PT, I can drive myself YEAH !!!

IC
The owners are maybe in their 50s or so. They live in the city. I wonder if they even know about the raid. The police busted out windows etc. that got repaired. Insurance guy came by to check the work but I never saw the owners here to check on that. Maybe renters insurance? Lots of other issues with the house.
Very strange, I was sure wrong, I was thinking young "kids" in their 20's or 30 's good grief!!!

In their 50's one would think that they would care !!! :roll:

IC
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

The renters include a mom in maybe her early 50s plus two sons in 20s - the druggies.

The owners are in their 50s maybe even 60.

I feel bad for the mom since she is the only one that works, but then I figure maybe the sons are on some kind of ssi or ssdi - whatever it is called.