Daily Check in April 19, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Re: Daily Check in April 19, 2018

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,

I want a nap... ;) probably just my body still healing. Or maybe because of this hazy day... not to cold, not too warm, rain is expected tomorrow.

I haven't done much today, 2 loads of laundry for ds10, and took dd6 to library story-time.

In a few mins I'll take her to a friend's house, then I'll go computer-printer shopping. Then its back home to print wrestling stuff for ds15, and work on getting a refund still for the credit-fix-it program.

My left bicep, elbow, wrist & shoulder blade are hurting today though not as much as I'd expect.

No baseball practice tonight for dd7, they changed it to tomorrow. There is a motivational speaker in women's group at church tonight at 7pm, I may go to that (if I remember).

Subbing tomorrow at the high school. It will be different with this bum arm, and me not back up to full speed, but I'm determined to do it, and next week's 4 days too.

Not sure of dinner tonight... I'd like to figure out a chicken/quinoa/cauliflower casserole.

I'd better push myself to move, not nap like dd5 is on the couch, or I'll not get my afternoon chores complete.

Today I'm thankful to be able to do what I can.... no pain pills today unless I really start hurting bad.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

icfrugal1 wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:55 pm Good morning,

BB walked, she had a bad night, if I didn't know better, I would have thought that she was a cat last night.

She was walking all over me, and laying across my neck and head, and licking me. very unusual for her. She was also jumping up and down from the bed. She is prone to "fits" so I thought that she was going to have one last night, as far as I know she did not have one last night, but she did want to be close. Very UNUSUAL for her she is very standoffich, I held her close last night.

Today I am baking bread and going to my PT, I can drive myself YEAH !!!

IC
The owners are maybe in their 50s or so. They live in the city. I wonder if they even know about the raid. The police busted out windows etc. that got repaired. Insurance guy came by to check the work but I never saw the owners here to check on that. Maybe renters insurance? Lots of other issues with the house.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Jackielou wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:18 am
alliesmama4 wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:56 am
Jackielou wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:51 am

Brrr, Janet. It sounds like our weather. My cherry trees haven't blosseomed yet so the constant temperature fluctuations and wind should be no problem. I have actually found the wind blowing off the blossoms before time to be a worse problem up here for harvesting fruit.
Jackie my "cherry tree" turned out to be a pear tree.... it was not marked correctly...ggggrrrr. and the other one died. I am going to try to plant a couple of cherry trees this year.. What kind do you have? At my previous house I had pie cherries but would like to plant a sweet cherry for eating do you have any suggestions? Janet Alliesmama
Janet, I have two semi sour Evans cherry trees. Here on the prairies the temperature gets so bad in the winter that the trees must be very hardy. Sweet cherries won't grow here very well, if at all. Evans cherries can be eaten as is but taste much better in pies and as jam. I also dehydrate them and use them in muffins and cookies.

If you can plant and grow peaches you should be able to grow sweet cherries
Thanks Jackie I will check in to what we have here.. Have not heard of Evans cherry trees but have not looked specifically for them either. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

itspennyc wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:26 am I have a load of white wash in the dryer. I decided the dresses could wait a day.

I started on the last dress last night. I have embroidered the faces. Next is hair. I have to decide hair style first.

I have a bag of recycling to take to the recycling dumpster.

I am working on making some double point needle protectors with tiny rubber duckies.

Penny
Penny when you are done with your doll's and duckies I hope you will be able to post a picture.. you do such amazing work in miniature. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

NoisyPorkchop wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:33 am Good morning,

Life feels like it is coming at DH and I at about 100 miles an hour. We received a call yesterday morning from the hospital that my FIL's kidneys are beginning to shut down so we jumped in the car and headed up north to the hospital. We just got the call as I was arriving home with the groceries so I just crammed everything where it is supposed to go and we left. FIL was awake when we got there, but seemed disoriented. Mumbling odd things and reaching for things on his bedside table that weren't there and kept taking his water cup with a lid and a straw and instead of sipping from the straw he would put the straw in his mouth and then tip the cup upwards to try to drink from it. Thank goodness it was a hard plastic cup and tight fitting lid or he would have just dumped water all over himself. Hubby was teary because we know the end is coming and when all the rest of the family arrived shortly we had the unpleasant task of sitting down with a hospice coordinator to try to figure out what our options are. Thankfully we also got the opportunity to speak with his doctor who reassured us we had a few days to think about things and can observe whether he would make it even a few days. Gah, she couldn't even give us a timeline; said it could be a few days or a few weeks, she just didn't know. So, Hubby and I soldier on each day and take one day at a time.

Came home and found a neighborhood squirrel had decided to stop by and visit my front porch and tear up one of my pots that had flowers planted in it. It was probably coming by to eat the walnut he buried in it that I found and tossed. I guess it was his little way to exact revenge for me throwing out his eats he had tucked away. I tried to push my flowers back into the pot and don't know if they will survive. Just not in the mood for a bratty squirrel right now.

I called my Human Resources department yesterday afternoon regarding my surgery and wanted to find out if I could forego having to use up all my vacation time. I had saved up enough money to carry me through this 10 day recovery time and wanted to save the vacation time for an actual vacation. The rep was rather rude to me and told me no, I am required to use up my vacation time. He then told me he didn't even see my Leave Request in my file. Leave Request?? I didn't know I was supposed to fill out something unless I was going to be gone for several weeks and the rude rep was like, "Well, didn't you read the policy?" I didn't know there was a policy to read! If no one tells me to read a policy how would I know I was supposed to read it. I was frustrated that my department director or the lead technician didn't tell me these things! I have only worked at this place for 8 months and I don't know everything, ok. The rep told me to go online and fill out the leave request. I told him I was going in for surgery the day after tomorrow and he still told me I am required to fill it out and fill out the packet they will send me. Uh, a little late for all of this as I am having surgery no matter what but I went online and fumbled my way through it. I just wanted to not use up all my vacation time and am now wondering if I didn't fill out the leave request that I could have gotten away with not using the vacation time as the company wouldn't have known I was gone on a 10 day leave for surgery. Who knows :roll: . I am just to the point where I don't care and 'do whatever, people'.

I have a whole list of stuff I am supposed to be doing to get ready for this surgery tomorrow. Certain soaps I am supposed to wash myself with the morning of the surgery and don't eat after midnight, etc. I have my hands full with everything regarding the surgery and my FIL getting ready to pass. I feel like I am dodging fire darts being thrown at me! But, so far so good and I know this, too, shall pass. We have each other and it made my morning to hear my husband tell me he loves me very much and I am a wonderful wife :D . I have a ton of things to do, better get them done. Take care everyone :)
Pork chop I am so sorry to hear about your DFIL and what is going on with him.. Also what a bad time to have to have surgery but you really need to take care of your own health.. Will keep all concerned in my thoughts and prayers.. Wishing you well tomorrow during your surgery and will say a special prayer for your well being tomorrow and a quick recovery.. (( hug)) Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

NoisyPorkchop wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:33 am Good morning,

Life feels like it is coming at DH and I at about 100 miles an hour. We received a call yesterday morning from the hospital that my FIL's kidneys are beginning to shut down so we jumped in the car and headed up north to the hospital. We just got the call as I was arriving home with the groceries so I just crammed everything where it is supposed to go and we left. FIL was awake when we got there, but seemed disoriented. Mumbling odd things and reaching for things on his bedside table that weren't there and kept taking his water cup with a lid and a straw and instead of sipping from the straw he would put the straw in his mouth and then tip the cup upwards to try to drink from it. Thank goodness it was a hard plastic cup and tight fitting lid or he would have just dumped water all over himself. Hubby was teary because we know the end is coming and when all the rest of the family arrived shortly we had the unpleasant task of sitting down with a hospice coordinator to try to figure out what our options are. Thankfully we also got the opportunity to speak with his doctor who reassured us we had a few days to think about things and can observe whether he would make it even a few days. Gah, she couldn't even give us a timeline; said it could be a few days or a few weeks, she just didn't know. So, Hubby and I soldier on each day and take one day at a time.

Came home and found a neighborhood squirrel had decided to stop by and visit my front porch and tear up one of my pots that had flowers planted in it. It was probably coming by to eat the walnut he buried in it that I found and tossed. I guess it was his little way to exact revenge for me throwing out his eats he had tucked away. I tried to push my flowers back into the pot and don't know if they will survive. Just not in the mood for a bratty squirrel right now.

I called my Human Resources department yesterday afternoon regarding my surgery and wanted to find out if I could forego having to use up all my vacation time. I had saved up enough money to carry me through this 10 day recovery time and wanted to save the vacation time for an actual vacation. The rep was rather rude to me and told me no, I am required to use up my vacation time. He then told me he didn't even see my Leave Request in my file. Leave Request?? I didn't know I was supposed to fill out something unless I was going to be gone for several weeks and the rude rep was like, "Well, didn't you read the policy?" I didn't know there was a policy to read! If no one tells me to read a policy how would I know I was supposed to read it. I was frustrated that my department director or the lead technician didn't tell me these things! I have only worked at this place for 8 months and I don't know everything, ok. The rep told me to go online and fill out the leave request. I told him I was going in for surgery the day after tomorrow and he still told me I am required to fill it out and fill out the packet they will send me. Uh, a little late for all of this as I am having surgery no matter what but I went online and fumbled my way through it. I just wanted to not use up all my vacation time and am now wondering if I didn't fill out the leave request that I could have gotten away with not using the vacation time as the company wouldn't have known I was gone on a 10 day leave for surgery. Who knows :roll: . I am just to the point where I don't care and 'do whatever, people'.

I have a whole list of stuff I am supposed to be doing to get ready for this surgery tomorrow. Certain soaps I am supposed to wash myself with the morning of the surgery and don't eat after midnight, etc. I have my hands full with everything regarding the surgery and my FIL getting ready to pass. I feel like I am dodging fire darts being thrown at me! But, so far so good and I know this, too, shall pass. We have each other and it made my morning to hear my husband tell me he loves me very much and I am a wonderful wife :D . I have a ton of things to do, better get them done. Take care everyone :)
Porkchop~ Good luck with your surgery tomorrow. I am sad for you and your DH with your FIL on his last days. It is so difficult. Thinking of you and your family.