Big price increase coming??

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Sandy

Re: Big price increase coming??

Post by Sandy »

Dgflorida wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:50 am I haven't heard anything either. But I will buy meat. I like meat and it is pretty much a requirement on a low carb diet. Some people are vegans, but it is very hard to keep the carbohydrates down. We eat beef and chicken mostly. Occasionally fish. This diet of meat got hubs weight down 80 lbs and his health numbers good. Meat works for us.
When I eat beef I have, probably, a 7-8 ounce steak (which drops an ounce or two by the time I trim away fat and such). When I make pasta sauce with ground beef, I use green beans under the sauce with a sprinkle of shredded cheddar (the guys have their spaghetti). Like you, I love meat although chicken is my favorite. I need the protein since I keep my carbs under 100 a day.

I also usually keep a huge lettuce and tomato salad made and in the fridge all the time. I like a good serving of the salad tossed with black beans, black olives, sunflower seeds, sometimes shredded cheddar and sometimes not and a pouch of low-sodium tuna.
gaylejackson2

Re: Big price increase coming??

Post by gaylejackson2 »

colonialgirl wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:30 pm Hey frugals -
Has anyone heard about a big price increase on beef coming this spring and early summer? As expensive as beef is, it is hard to imagine that it is going to increase even more. I saw this on the Living on a Dime grocery savings group on Facebook. and it was news to me, but then I am kind of out of things.

Has anyone here heard this?
I haven't heard anything about tis, but I sincerely hope not. However lately we've not eaten much beef, our red meat is venison which I'm trying to stretch out. I have also been trying to take advantage of chicken sales, and pork too. Beef here is way too expensive, to buy from the stores, at least the stores I frequent (I'll NEVER buy meat from Walmart again).