Daily Check in April 20, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check in April 20, 2018

Post by jckitty »

good afternoon all,

I slept really good last night, really could have slept in but I had errands to run and an appointment for dads paperwork at 11:00 so I reluctantly hauled heiny out of the rack... :?

I have all errands done, groceries bought and put away at dads and here at home....a load of laundry going, lunch of pasta salad eaten, and chores taken care of except.... the floors. I am going to take a short break and then will get them done.

Found a large bottle of Bona hardwood floor cleaner (refill size) on mark down at Aldi's for 9.00!! This is a primo buy and I snatched it up. No pull tags on meat this time but I did find a beautiful roast at another store on sale....roast and then the leftovers will become beef and noodles.

Plenty to do this afternoon, sun is out and temps are supposed to hit low 60's...maybe Spring has shown up?

Have a great, safe and appreciative day all,

JCKitty
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good morning,

Tonight a friend is coming late and she is going to spend the night. 8-)

She will sleep in the master bedroom, so that she has her own bathroom.

I was hoping to sleep in "DH'S room" but he doesn't want me in there , he has not slept in their for over a year, because he still sleeps downstairs in the Lazyboy.

Not worth the fight, so I will be sleeping on the couch down stairs.

DH HATES having people in the house, he does like my girl friend, but I think that that is part of the reason that he is in a very bad mood.

I have the bed clothes ready to put on the bed upstairs, and most of the up stairs is ready, just a lick and a promise needed.

My friend is not critical.

I have some raisin bread proofing ,but I need to form the loaves.

IC
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Dgflorida,

I too, went with new last July. I originally though about a 3 year old car, but in doing my research, I wanted one with lane departure warning. I have been known to look at something long the roadside and drift. I am very happy with my Honda CRV. My brother just got a 2018.

I have a history of buying new and keeping my cars for 10 years. That was one thing Ex was frugal about. My Prius was only 6 years old, but a great car to give to DS2. Ex talked about getting him a $2500 car. I knew from finding a car for DS1 a few years ago that a reliable $2500 in my area is a pipe dream and not something I wanted DS to be driving.

Good Luck.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good afternoon all.

I checked two items off my todo list today. First, I finally mailed back the Talking Book machine. I still had the original box with free postage for the blind information so it didn’t cost me anything. Second, I went to Office Depot to shred the documents dealing with my uncle that were at mom’s house. Last week I separated everything with his SS# and there was a lot. Office Depot/Office Max is offering five pounds of secure free shredding I believe until April 28. (I had two pounds.) Staples is offering free one pound of shredding. I think this is for tax season.

It was another emotional day at mom’s house. I went through her genealogy folders. We had such fun years ago going to courthouses, libraries and cemeteries in New England to do our research. In with the genealogy I found a notebook and in it mom had written a five-page letter to my grandfather. This was 1995, thirty years after he died. She started the letter saying she just wanted to talk with him. I cried and cried as usual.

On a less emotional and happier note I found a map i had been looking for for a long time. It is an Ordnance Survey map of the area in England where my great-great grandparents lived and were married. (I’m sure that Rinty is familiar with these maps.) I had ordered it years ago and mom and I looked at it and I guess she put it in one of her folders and forgot about it. This will be good when I go to England if I decide to take the train to this area. I had just been looking at buying one of these maps but didn’t want to pay the postage. Some are available at Amazon but not for this area.

Tomorrow morning my neighborhood is having a community planting event. We are meeting at 8:30. I’m still not comfortable kneeling but I’m going to go and do something.

Enjoy your evening. (I’m thinking of Porkchop and hope her surgery went well.)
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Finally a beautiful day in my part of Tennessee. The sun is shining, the birds are singing and the shrubs and trees are blooming. Like someone else said, maybe Spring is here. Sure feels like it anyway.

I had thought I would have someone come in and thoroughly clean my house, but after checking with some of the housekeepers that friends had recommended I have changed my mind. I can't see paying someone $60.00 an hour when I may not be able to do it in a day, but can do it eventually. Someday I will have to, but I'm still in to good shape to part with that much money. When asked, nobody is completely happy with the results they get, not like they would do it, if they could. So I will spend the next week taking a few windows a day and cleaning them on the inside and out. My problem is I am just not as motivated as I should be.

Have my menus planned for when Mr. B comes next week and I have several area restaurants I want to take him to as well. I am so in hopes the weather will be nice so we can do a lot of sightseeing too.

I hope all of you that have been a little under the weather are feeling better. It's no fun when you aren't up to par is it?

Well, I am off to see if I can't get myself motivated to work outside since the weather is right for it. Everyone have a blessed day and I am thankful for the sunshine and beautiful flowers today.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

so this is cool, I have a friend that MAY be a grandparent i na year or two. All 3 of her kids are married.

Hers is such a wonderful family.

It is family tradition, that gifts to babies, (that generation) are money for the kids collage.

What a WIN/WIN less clutter and helping with the kids future.
Of course it will be interesting to see if grandparents are held to that same standard LOL

I remember when this friend married she and her husband requested gifts for the firemans drive. TRULY GOOD PEOPLE !!!!

IC