Daily Check in April 20, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check in April 20, 2018

Post by mbrudnic »

Dgflorida wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:29 am Maggie,

I am looking at a Prius too. I am also looking at the CRV. I appreciate your input. I thought about used, but I want the lane drift too.
The Prius is a 2010 that I purchased in Jan 2011. It is amazingly roomy. Both my boys learned to drive in it. Ex-DH, who is 6'2, and wears a 34 inch inseam, would sit in the back comfortably. The seats fold down to reveal a large cargo hold. It does drive a bit differently. You step on the gas and it takes a few seconds longer to respond, but I got used to it right away. I woudl to hesitate to buy another, but I am not driving near as much as I used to (not taking kids all over town for sporting events) and I have an issue with taking turns too tight in parking lots and hitting curbs on the right side. I scraped the underside of the center right-side a lot. Thus my desired for a higher profile vehicle. DS2 is still driving it. It requires oil changed every 10,000 miles. We have replaced tires, brakes and headlights. It has about 130K miles so far.

As for my CRV, I drive 3 miles to work 3 days a week, 60 miles round trip to Mom and Dad's weekly and other nearby destinations. I tend to get about 25 MPG. To get comparable mileage in a Toyota RAV4, I would have got the hybrid engine and cloth seats instead of leather. I found the CRV to be a bit more roomy.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in April 20, 2018

Post by Jackielou »

I love my lane drift feature in my vehicle. I also love the car in front warning that lets Hubby know to slow down before he crashes into the vehicle in front.

Our car is a 2016 (we have had it for awhile now) GMC Terraine. It is very good on gas, and roomy enough as an SUV to carry a great deal.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/