Daily check in April 21, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily check in April 21, 2018

Post by ChristmasTrees »

MackerelCat wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:58 pm Hi, frugal ones. Sorry for not checking in lately. Work has been crazy.

However, on Monday I finally got a diagnosis of idiopathic intercranial hypertension from the neuro-opthalmologist, who did the most in-depth eye exam ever. Only about 1 in 100,000 people have it. The doc thinks my case may be intermittent since I sometimes had days without a severe headache.

It is being treated with a medication that acts on the enzyme the controls cerebral spinal fluid production. The med has some wacky side effects that are hard to get used to. It lowers magnesium and potassium in the body and leaves me feeling weak and tired. I get out of breath walking up one flight of stairs, and I have to go up and down all day at work! Since the alternative is going blind, I just suck it up and deal.

I have lost a little vision, including some color vision in my right eye, but will be okay if things do not progress. The med began working right away, as the severe headache and vision disturbances that started in February began abating by Wednesday.
Mackie, I am so glad to hear you finally got a diagnosis. Wonderful that the meds are already working. Sorry about the side effects, they can be so miserable.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

2dogs+someCats wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:12 am Good Morning. Beautiful day here. Personally, if I can't take my poor sweet dogs on a walk, I don't care if winter lasts forever. Poor pups just don't understand...

Anyway...up at 7:30 this morning - very late for me. Got laundry washed and hung up and washed dishes. Breakfast was leftover homemade pizza - it's what I wanted so it's what I had, giving the crust to the dogs - it is their very favorite "treat".

I am off from work next week. I am very torn - between my HUGE "to do" list and the need to stay off my knee as much as possible. I guess I will do a little bit here and there as I can.

I am also going to boss's house 3x a day to let HER dogs out, feed them, etc. It is a different situation from what I have with my dogs - hers have a place to go out and they can't run away. I usually take her dogs for walks when I dog sit for them - but she knows that won't be happening this time and they are fine with it.

Off to get some online work done. Wish you all a good weekend.
Sheila good to hear from you.. I wish you had more progress on your knee healing but glad that you will have time off next week to help it heal. Good to have the time off and still get paid to take care of your bosses dogs and that they do not need to be walked. Take care..Love from your friend Janet
Janet Alliesmama
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Thanks, everyone, for the good wishes. I gradually feel better every day and am learning to eat certain things to cope with the side effects. Bananas, orange juice and Muscle Milk are now my good buddies! :-D

Rinty, honey, you deserve a big hug and to tell a couple of social workers to keep the Sabbath holy and not bother you on days when their blasted offices are closed any how.
Mackie