Daily check in April 22, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily check in April 22, 2018

Post by jckitty »

Good afternoon all,

(((((Rinty))))), bless your heart, I wish good things for you.

Up and at it this morning, made a batch of egg salad, takes care of lunch... have the beef roast started for supper tonight, low and slow.....beef and noodles from the leftovers later this week.

Laundry, done, dried and put away, floors swept and kitchen cleaned. I could be doing more but for some reason, feeling strangely out of sorts. Then I read Rinty's post and think "I am being such a weinie".

Need to go out and do some planting, bulbs that won't be affected by cool temps,
Need to do something productive.
Have a great, safe and appreciative day all, talking to myself here, also.
JCKitty
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good afternoon,

BB walked, BB fed.

I found another baby possum in the pool this morning. :( a couple of weeks ago I saw a mama possum with 8 babies or so on her back. Yesterday I found a dead one in the pool and today another one . :(

I'm thinking that they are thirsty, so I have put some bowls of water out. My Sunday friend thinks that maybe, their mama died. I'm going to put some dog kibbles out and hope that we don't attract raccoons.

I also put a pool noodle in the pool for something for them to cling to if need be.

Today, I weed whacked a bit in the side back yard, I have also put some vinegar down. Little by little I'm getting things down.
IC
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

icfrugal1 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:22 pm Good afternoon,

BB walked, BB fed.

I found another baby possum in the pool this morning. :( a couple of weeks ago I saw a mama possum with 8 babies or so on her back. Yesterday I found a dead one in the pool and today another one . :(

I'm thinking that they are thirsty, so I have put some bowls of water out. My Sunday friend thinks that maybe, their mama died. I'm going to put some dog kibbles out and hope that we don't attract raccoons.

I also put a pool noodle in the pool for something for them to cling to if need be.

Today, I weed whacked a bit in the side back yard, I have also put some vinegar down. Little by little I'm getting things down.
IC
IC how kind and thoughtful of you to look out for the baby possums.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Big hug to Rinty!!!
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

Jackie,
Just wanted to say that I recently saw Murder on the Orient Express too! I enjoyed it as well. I had never seen the other versions or read the book. So I watched it not knowing the ending. I want to the see the 1970s version that everyone raves about now.

Jackielou wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:45 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

Well Easter supper (the postponed twice one) went over well. The turkey was cooked to perfection, the mashed potatoes smooth and creamy, the salad crisp and the whole thing hit the spot perfectly with the two guys very after a hard days work moving a portion of a wall and getting all the floor laid!! I have one tin foil meal made up for youngest plus a bag of leftover turkey meats, then there is a small bag for Hubby to enjoy as sandwiches in the cold meats drawer, plus another 5 bags tucked away into the freezer to enjoy as meals later on. The bones were bagged and frozen to be used as stock down the road a bit.

DS and I enjoyed a few glasses of wine while watching Murder on the Orient Express last night. We both really enjoyed it.

Today, will be a day of getting ready for the upcoming week. Once I have had my walk, done my exercises, and cleaned the few things that need cleaning, I will make my chore list for next week. I will also make a list of a couple of sewing projects that I want completed as well. All work and no fun make Jackie a very grumpy person.

Weather is just supposed to get better and better now. I am sorry to say that now the homestretch is visible in the basement renos that I almost wish for some more nasty weather... Notice I said almost. I think that we should be able to get a bit more completed before it is suitable to do anything outside. First off will be a yard clean and I can do that on my own (well all but the raking).

Frugality wise no money will be spent and I will be working on my use it up many coloured blanket project. I have almost finished another ball of burgundy yarn, soon I can finish off the pale pink ball (hopefully by the end of the upcoming week).

No money will be spent, we will be finishing up the leftover salad. I was thinking of a sausage casserole, but making a Chef's Salad seems the better option right now. Get rid of leftovers and eat a healthier meal.

Today I am grateful for another beautiful day.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

G'evening all,

I'm soooo tired!!

I have subbing scheduled for Every Day this week, however I'm not sure how many of them I will get to work this week.

Here's the story:
Yesterday morning, Ds13 comes to me jsut before dh & I left for a funeral, "My gut * and lower belly hurt Mom." I gave him Tylenol & Ibuprofen and said I'd check on him after the funeral. He was still hurting afterwards, Dh had arranged a priesthood blessing for him, then I loaded him in the car and took him to the walk-in clinic. The ride relaxed him and he stopped hurting, but the walk-in clinic doc felt from his exam that ds13 had either a hernia or a genital lesion, but that ds13 needed an ultrasound to check so he sent us to the ER. The ER doc concurred with the other doc, so ds13 got the ultrasound which showed an intestinal-based hernia that was pushing through a tear in his abdominal wall. ER doc called the children's hospital in Salt Lake City (our capitol) who told him to try a "reduction" -- basically they gave him morphine for the pain, then tilted the head of his bed down and put an ice pack on his groin. Well it worked, the ice caused the swelling to drop so his intestine eased back through his abdomen, which just tells us that its not strangulated. ER doc gave me a number for a Pediatric general surgeon in SLC (funny thing is the name they gave us was for the same surgeon who worked on ds10 when he was a newborn, Dr Scaife). WE came home... he's had to do the ice pack reduction thing 4 times since then -- ER doc said for ds13 to come back if he was in pain.

So for those of you who are praying folks, please pray that they will be able to fit us in as soon as possible (I'd take tomorrow evening), and that Dr Scaife will think that all ds13 needs is a simple surgery to close the abdominal tear; maybe even pray that our insurance will be accepted there, and that we'll be able to pay for this easily... we are severely in debt.

In other news, our basement is slowly drying out, and we've run out of milk - no milk is a tragedy at my house if you're 5, 7, 15, or dh.