Daily Check in April 23, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in April 23, 2018

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

Woke up way too early, but not early enough to go back to sleep. Tonight DS has the year-end concert with the Ensemble at the University. The percussion section will have a little recital next weekend.

Yesterday was a fun day with the show and dinner with friends. Of course, with a busy weekend, I did not get my laundry done. It is nice having enough clothes to go 2 weeks. And we seem to have hit spring but April showers...

I am working on cash this week, so all meals will be from home. I will go pack my breakfast and my lunch. I will wait another 2 days to order a new band for my fitbit when my credit card rolls over. They seem to be the least expensive on Amazon. I looked at Target and did not see any I like, plus they were $20. Amazon is less than $10 and I have Prime, so no shipping charge.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Dgflorida

Re: Daily Check in April 23, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Monday morning all,

I am tired from a poor sleeping night. I hope to pull myself together and get more housework done. Rain all morning the forecast says. I need to go out and get a few things done. Tomorrow, my military son shows up around noon. Tomorrow night, I will fix a turkey breast. That should be enough for a meal for 3. Tonight, hubs and I will have hamburgers or chicken.

I used the big shopping bag the shoes came in as a garbage bag. It was nice to recycle it. My one worm tower which is where I put my household vegetable garbage got water in it. Grr. After being a great vegetable chewing machine last year, it drown in Irma and now got wet because the lid was not secure. I will probably have to do something with it soon.

Yesterday, I dropped over to a neighbors house to look at their new car. They then gave me a tour of their property. They collect memorabilia from the 50's and before and it is always interesting. Then we sat at their bar and they told me that they were frustrated with her doctor and they listed her symptoms of inflammation. After they were done, I said it sounded like a wheat allergy. You could have knocked them over with a feather. I explained that many people on the facebook group say that when they left wheat and sugar, their inflammation symptom like hers disappeared. So I said I would check online for the speed of recovery after diet change and send it on to her via messenger. I did. As she thought about all the food they ate, she eats a lot of wheat. She thinks it will be easy to give it up. She is thin, so I suggested she make sure she gets enough calories. It could be the added sugar, but wheat is a known inflammatory product.

My son with family have arrived and will be visiting places today. We will not see them until Wednesday. I would like to see them a bit more, but this is what they decided. :(

I recycled all my used coffee filters and some of the starbuck ones. I had to rig up a line on the porch to dry them all. In the past, I tried to dry them outside and they would always end up scattered about the yard and no good. I re-attacted the dryer hose to the outside. We will not need the heat inside anymore. I will put away the winter clothes again and maybe this time, they will stay put away.

Well, off to get things going. Have a good day everyone. Be safe.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I am up and at em early this morning. I want to get a great deal of my chores done before I head out for my morning walk. I am up to 12 blocks a stroll (I am doing about 20 blocks a day all told) in the morning and would like to get it up to 16 by the end of the week if possible.

I noticed that Hubby has pulled a few more items out of the back room. The small fridge we bought for the basement is now out and his electric fireplace is sitting in the middle of the floor as well. I think he plans on doing chair rail today and tomorrow, then getting the baseboards done the next day. This would mean we can move furniture and such into the room by the end of the week (well hopefully).

It is supposed to be another nice day today. I am looking forward to hanging my clothes outside. I need to clean off the lines, and get my laundry basket cleaned as well before that can happen, but I am leaning towards next week as my starting date. I love the smell of line dried clothing.

Frugally speaking we will be busy around the house today so another no spend day under our belts. I will be using things up from our belated Easter meal. In fact supper last night (with the addition of some boiled eggs and cheese) was made up of leftovers. We had Chef's Salad and really enjoyed the lighter meal. There is enough leftover for a couple of lunches.

I am doing my exercises three times a day most days (sometimes if I have been doing a great deal it is only twice) for flexibility and one set for the strengthening. Today I will continue the number of times I do the flexibility ones and add another set of the strengthening. I am supposed to be up to 3 sets of the strengthening ones, but it is taking a while to build up to that, sometimes they cause a bit of pain. I am a bit fearful when that happens that I have done even more damage to the joint.

Supper tonight will be some sausage along with pasta and a veggie.

Today I am grateful that I got to open a window yesterday to let in a bit of fresh air, and that I saw a butterfly!!!

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

I am up.... :? lower back hurts, probably from all of the lifting and toting I have been doing lately. Stuff outside...

Chickens are out, fed and eggs gathered, need to wash and box them. I will be making an egg delivery to the homeless shelter. I need to call them first to see if they will accept them, the egg recall could have them scared.

I have moved some of my old outdoor plants that I winter over in the house, outside and close to the house. I will pay close attention to the weather report in case they need moved back in or covered. I have lost count but I think some of the begonias are 6 or 7 years old. Some of the geraniums are 4 years old, they were in planters from my mom's funeral service. I miss her.
Dog just climbed into my lap,so more later
JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I am up as well. The alarm company for work called me at O'Dark Thirty to say we had a window alarm. It must not have been serious because they never called back. But I did not go back to sleep.

Today I just have to go in long enough to do the bank deposit and survey the wreckage. The organization I work for puts on a three day art festival every year, and that was this weekend. So the movers brought all our furniture abd supplies back last night, but I have to sort everything out. I need to find what items need to be laundered and take them to the dry cleaner.

And after that, I get a blissful week off! During which I will clean house and catch up on my reading.

Hugs to Rinty and Gayle. May all be well in time with your sweet sons,
Mackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. It is drizzling, chilly and overcast and will most likely be like this all day.. There is a wild rumor that we may actually start Spring weather by the week-end. I will believe it when I see it..Mother Nature has toyed with me long enough and I will not get my hopes up just yet.

My oak trees outside my bedroom window still look stark and not even a hint of leafing out. At least the grass is green and the dandelions are popping up.. I would like to cut some of the leaves to put in my salad and maybe cook some to add to my spinach quiche this week..Also I found a recipe on how to deep fry the blossoms and they are suppose to taste like mushroom. In the grand scheme of things this is not going to cut anything from my food budget but it is an interesting idea that I would like to start to forage more.

Not much planned today but will continue to putter in the house cooking and working on sorting and organizing papers..

Have a good and frugal day.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama