Daly Check in April 25, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daly Check in April 25, 2018

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning frugal Friends,

I sewed my 9-patch blocks for my quilt-in-progress. Today I will iron and square them up. I need to gt cranking to have it ready next month.

Today I will have to call the leasing office. No one has fixed my leaky faucet. The leasing agent was busy, and even though she made a note, she may have not gotten the order in.

Have a great day,
Maggie
floridacatlover

Re: Daly Check in April 25, 2018

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

Yesterday was Pippi's annual vet visit. It's always traumatic. When the assistant lifted her out of the new carrier a stream of wee wee followed. Luckily it didn't get into the carrier but they then could not get a urine sample which is part of the senior exam. Vet said she looked good so that is the important thing.

On Friday I'm having lunch with my friend at her new home. I'll give her a bottle of wine as a small housewarming gift. I know very little about wine so I always see what Publix has featured in their ad. Turns out that I can get the same wine I picked out for $4 less ($13 compared to $17) at Total Wine which is on my way to mom's house. So I'll pick that up today.

I received three of the four dresses I ordered as possibilities for my cousins' anniversary party. I'll get the last dress today. So far my number one pick is the dress I selected first. One dress is a definite No (colors were nor what I expected) so unless the dress I get today is gorgeous I'll pick dress #1.

Here is the dress. I'm very petite so on me it is knee length. I need to get a strapless bra.

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/eliza-j-cr ... olor=IVORY

I'm going to work on cleaning mom's porch floor today. It gets dirty so fast. It is painted concrete so to me it is a pain to keep clean.

Have a good day.
micogo

Post by micogo »

Adorable dress! Love Nordstrom for "special" attire".
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:08 am Good morning all.

Yesterday was Pippi's annual vet visit. It's always traumatic. When the assistant lifted her out of the new carrier a stream of wee wee followed. Luckily it didn't get into the carrier but they then could not get a urine sample which is part of the senior exam. Vet said she looked good so that is the important thing.

On Friday I'm having lunch with my friend at her new home. I'll give her a bottle of wine as a small housewarming gift. I know very little about wine so I always see what Publix has featured in their ad. Turns out that I can get the same wine I picked out for $4 less ($13 compared to $17) at Total Wine which is on my way to mom's house. So I'll pick that up today.

I received three of the four dresses I ordered as possibilities for my cousins' anniversary party. I'll get the last dress today. So far my number one pick is the dress I selected first. One dress is a definite No (colors were nor what I expected) so unless the dress I get today is gorgeous I'll pick dress #1.

Here is the dress. I'm very petite so on me it is knee length. I need to get a strapless bra.

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/eliza-j-cr ... olor=IVORY

I'm going to work on cleaning mom's porch floor today. It gets dirty so fast. It is painted concrete so to me it is a pain to keep clean.

Have a good day.
Very nice dress.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

micogo wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:40 am Adorable dress! Love Nordstrom for "special" attire".
Thank you. I love that Nordstrom has free shipping AND free returns.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

My new pillows have made a huge difference. I am sleeping much better. I am still waking up but I am falling asleep again much quicker.

I am thinking of baking a cake today. I have one of those Duncan Hines Perfect size cake & frosting mixes that makes a tiny cake. I have taken the butter for the cake out to soften. When the cake is cooling I will take out the butter for the frosting. I put the other 2 tablespoons onto my butter dish.

Not much else is new today.

Penny