Daly Check in April 25, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Re: Daly Check in April 25, 2018

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good afternoon,

yesterday the daughter of our old family friend called to invite me and my sisters to the celebration of her mother and uncle. Her mom was 101 and died this year, her uncle died a few years ago. Her uncle and my father were best friends from HS in the 1930's !!! My father has been gone for 33 years and my mother for 16 years.

Neither of my sisters can come, both are traveling. DH would come, but there are stairs at the house where the celebration is being held, so I will go alone.

Today when DH was out walking i puttered around, part of my puttering was using my Norwax to clean some windows. Good day :D

IC
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Thank you all for your nice comments about my dress. I really like it, too!

I found out today that my Pippi has hyperthyroidism. The vet called this morning and said that her thyroid number from the blood work was high. They wanted to run another test with the same blood. They said it confirmed the diagnosis. It is common in older cats. Tomorrow I’ll go over there and pick up the tablets. They want to check her blood in 28 days but that is right after I return from RI. I’m concerned that my neighbor won’t be able to get Pippi to take the pills (2x a day) and the Vet said it needs to be perfect for the next blood test to be accurate. So we may need to wait an additional 28 days to do the blood test. I’m HOPING that Pippi will take the pills in her food. I’m most concerned for when I’m away.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Our kitty had that in the last few months of his life. He was enormous, ancient (17.5 years old) and totally uncooperative, which had been his style from Day One. If all else failed, Zip would spray poop onto the poor vet techs.This was the cat who pinned the vet against a wall. The vet said plaintively, "But orange cats are so nice!" And I said, while peeling Zip off the guy, "This one didn't get the memo."

We wound up putting him to sleep because he was so sick and dangerous to handle when trying to give him medication.

That said, if Pippi has been good about other medication, she should not give you any trouble. She sounds like a sweet kitty, unlike my old boy!
Mackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:08 am Good morning all.

Yesterday was Pippi's annual vet visit. It's always traumatic. When the assistant lifted her out of the new carrier a stream of wee wee followed. Luckily it didn't get into the carrier but they then could not get a urine sample which is part of the senior exam. Vet said she looked good so that is the important thing.

On Friday I'm having lunch with my friend at her new home. I'll give her a bottle of wine as a small housewarming gift. I know very little about wine so I always see what Publix has featured in their ad. Turns out that I can get the same wine I picked out for $4 less ($13 compared to $17) at Total Wine which is on my way to mom's house. So I'll pick that up today.

I received three of the four dresses I ordered as possibilities for my cousins' anniversary party. I'll get the last dress today. So far my number one pick is the dress I selected first. One dress is a definite No (colors were nor what I expected) so unless the dress I get today is gorgeous I'll pick dress #1.

Here is the dress. I'm very petite so on me it is knee length. I need to get a strapless bra.

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/eliza-j-cr ... olor=IVORY

I'm going to work on cleaning mom's porch floor today. It gets dirty so fast. It is painted concrete so to me it is a pain to keep clean.

Have a good day.
I love your dress.It is gorgeous. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:14 pm Thank you all for your nice comments about my dress. I really like it, too!

I found out today that my Pippi has hyperthyroidism. The vet called this morning and said that her thyroid number from the blood work was high. They wanted to run another test with the same blood. They said it confirmed the diagnosis. It is common in older cats. Tomorrow I’ll go over there and pick up the tablets. They want to check her blood in 28 days but that is right after I return from RI. I’m concerned that my neighbor won’t be able to get Pippi to take the pills (2x a day) and the Vet said it needs to be perfect for the next blood test to be accurate. So we may need to wait an additional 28 days to do the blood test. I’m HOPING that Pippi will take the pills in her food. I’m most concerned for when I’m away.
Florida cat so sorry to hear about Pippi. They are such a worry when they are not doing well.. Will keep her in my thoughts and prayers. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama