Money wise...things that I need to remember

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
littlemiss63

Re: Money wise...things that I need to remember

Post by littlemiss63 »

icfrugal1 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 7:08 pm

I've been "dribbling" money away, the other day I bought 5!!! yes, 5!!! rolling pins. https://myropin.com/collections/rolling-pins. $89.00

WHY?????? I bake, but for the most part I don't bake cutout cookies.

I have no idea where I am going to put them :( I'm trying to de clutter not re clutter!!!

I think that I am taking some steps backwards :(

So at 2% those rolling pins are costing me the interest earned from $4,450 for one year!!!!

What am I thinking!!!?????

IC
I am like CG, I love the rolling pins and I can see some validity in ordering 5 (I am sure you got different patterns) You like to bake cookies and I can see using the pins to make gifts with for your friends and family. I know you said you don't make cutout cookies, but I'd find me a good sugar cookie and have a ball with that new mixer and rolling pin come November. You go girl, sometimes you just gotta do something for yourself.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

littlemiss63 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 3:33 pm
icfrugal1 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 7:08 pm

I've been "dribbling" money away, the other day I bought 5!!! yes, 5!!! rolling pins. https://myropin.com/collections/rolling-pins. $89.00

I have no idea where I am going to put them :( I'm trying to de clutter not re clutter!!!

So at 2% those rolling pins are costing me the interest earned from $4,450 for one year!!!!

IC
I am like CG, I love the rolling pins and I can see some validity in ordering 5 (I am sure you got different patterns) You like to bake cookies and I can see using the pins to make gifts with for your friends and family. I know you said you don't make cutout cookies, but I'd find me a good sugar cookie and have a ball with that new mixer and rolling pin come November. You go girl, sometimes you just gotta do something for yourself.
WOW what a memory that you have :lol: I LOVE my Kitchen aid, I sure would never send that back :roll:

I don't mind treating myself that is what my monthly spending money is for, but I still need to be more aware of what I am doing, think about it, do I want/need this???????

I am putting my thinking cap on more though before hitting the button for stuff!!!

I think that I got very caught up in all of the necessary spending.

I am going to keep them and hopefully use them, I am hoping that they are not full size ones. :lol:

IC
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

Display your rolling pins in a wine rack

You could also give some of yours as a gift.
ohjodi
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

I can relate! I feel like buying jewelry these days. Nothing expensive but just better than what I've been wearing. It is scary how much time I can spend online shopping. I'm just hoping that being more aware of how I am spending my time will get my mind on more important things.

icfrugal1 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 7:08 pm I have been spending money like it's been going out of style :(

Not just the big things like the pool re-plastering, the new garage door, and cleaning the garage out.

IC
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

delighted99 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 5:53 pm I can relate! I feel like buying jewelry these days. Nothing expensive but just better than what I've been wearing.
Stay away from JTV.com, then, LOL I bought a really pretty chrome diopside ring for myself for Christmas.... five monthly payments of $8 so I didn't hurt at all, lol
https://www.jtv.com/jewelry/1.60ctw-pea ... 39164.html
Last edited by frugalaaron on Wed May 16, 2018 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Replaced shortened url with full url. Use of shortened urls, which may include hidden affiliate/tracking code, is not allowed in this forum.
ohjodi
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

Whew! Oh I am glad I am NOT the ONLY one! LOL-the past few weeks it seems I have been hemorrhaging money (still within what I have-o debt or not taking from savings yet but spending more). I painted downstairs only(I will paint upstairs myself after the mess paint spraying made all over my house(even went upstairs all over when I painted downstairs and stairways-took me two days too clean up and still not really done yet-fine particles everywhere in white! And the doors were closed!). So then I found dressers on Facebook that I have been wanting so paid 150.00 for one for me and one for my son(his flimsy one broke and we keep fixing it over and over). Mine is cheaper than the organized closets one and the cheapest dressers we saw were like 400.00 for solid ones to 1500.00 (avg about 700.00 over here) on the higher side. So min is used but I like the frosted glass fronts of the drawers and Java color. It will go in my closet anyway-better than the plastic bucket I have been using anyway!

Then my kids re graduating one with a masters,one with a bachelor's. She(the bachelor's) wanted a party. She has always struggled with school(think she had a learning disability or something but no one ever diagnosed) and she worked hard going to tutoring with professors(her one professor is awesome tutoring her one on one twice a week and will go over until she understands it and can show him!).So party with 70 people :shock: . So that will cost me a pretty penny(dollars)-although my dd offered to pay half. So after that there is only the Vegas bb tournament I got 400.00/7 nights and gas and food (LA basketball tournament will be staying with my brother's bil and I will just have food for 3 days and gas. Then that is it and rest will be for college savings which I have been averaging about saving 1000.00/month. I have earmarked and saved 10,500.00 so far for that so hopefully in the summer my dd working then through school year and saving about 1000./mo will add another 3k or more to that amount. So NO more spending after tournament. Luckily we have not spent anything else and low on everything else-grocery spending minimal,not really going out except did when painting house and kitchen was closed off.Not much bills since I got them down to the lowest-even PG and E was like 54.00 or so lowest ever(granted climate credit,etc).