Daily Check in May 10, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check in May 10, 2018

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. We are expecting hot (90 F) weather with a chance of pop up storms. I am not a lover of hot weather but since we had such a cold winter and cold prolonged spring I will enjoy the heat.

I did some weeding in the front garden area yesterday. The weeds came up easily and I did a lot of it sitting in a lawn chair.. I figure 10 min here and there for a few days and everything will be cleared.

Teddi has a grooming appointment today and since the shop is close to the bridge will zip over to Missouri and fill up my gas tank.. It is so much cheaper on the MO side of the river and only about a mile round trip. Since we have to stay in town while he is being groomed I will go to the Farm store and buy my veggie plants and seeds and stop to pick up some loss leaders at several grocery stores. This time of year I keep a couple of coolers in my trunk so that I can shop for fresh or frozen things without concern for the heat. I do throw in a couple of big ice packs that I keep in the freezer to keep things cold and safe.

Have a good and frugal day. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 9:08 am Good morning all.

I have been struggling with a lot of things but feeling better today.

I lined up a petsitter for my trip next weekend to RI. She is a former vet tech and familiar with giving meds to cats. She recommended putting the tablet in a soft yummy called Irresistibles and so far that seems to be working out. She is very forceful in her views ( kind of a turn off for me) but I'll see how she works out for the four days. I came close to canceling the trip at one point. Next hurdle will be the longer UK trip in September.

I've made a lot of progress decluttering my second bedroom and finding places to store things from mom's house. I hung up three of her paintings in various rooms and they look great. I already had a few of her paintings on my walls.

I'm on my old iPad so better end here before the page refreshes and I lose everything.
Florida cat Sorry to hear that you have concerns about leaving Pippi.. I know it is hard to leave her behind but you do need to go and have a good time in RI. You need to have some Me time..

Glad you are making good progress at your house and incorporating some of your Mom's things in to your house.

Take care.. Your friend Janet
Janet Alliesmama
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Feeling a bit emotional this morning. My Dad will finally be placed to rest beside my mother, exactly 4 months after his death. Unfortunately the burial couldn't take place until now because the ground was frozen and you must wait until spring.

Asked to look at my father's certificate of death and was shocked to discover they had the wrong date of birth. My sister is executor of the estate and needless to say I was a little shocked at her incompetence! This explains the delay in my step mother's pension benefits and the government death benefits. She blamed the funeral director but I reminded her it is still her responsibility to go through all the documents with a fine tooth comb. I am annoyed with her because I overheard her call my step mother and she led her to believe that she discovered the error when in fact I had brought it to her attention.

I pray the rest of the day goes seemlessly and hope for a meaningful service and final prayers at the burial.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Mrscreative wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 10:27 am Feeling a bit emotional this morning. My Dad will finally be placed to rest beside my mother, exactly 4 months after his death. Unfortunately the burial couldn't take place until now because the ground was frozen and you must wait until spring.

Asked to look at my father's certificate of death and was shocked to discover they had the wrong date of birth. My sister is executor of the estate and needless to say I was a little shocked at her incompetence! This explains the delay in my step mother's pension benefits and the government death benefits. She blamed the funeral director but I reminded her it is still her responsibility to go through all the documents with a fine tooth comb. I am annoyed with her because I overheard her call my step mother and she led her to believe that she discovered the error when in fact I had brought it to her attention.

I pray the rest of the day goes seemlessly and hope for a meaningful service and final prayers at the burial.
I'm so sorry for your extra stress today. I hope that everything has been cleared up for your step mother.

IC
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I saw the oral surgeon this morning. My implant is scheduled for Tuesday Morning. Elizabeth will take me.

Better news he saw no reason for pulling any teeth at this time.

My Upper teeth are all sensitive, but he believes based on where the roots are is because of inflation inflammation of my sinus lining. Since I have allergies he thinks that is the cause.

Also my missing change purse showed up. So that problem is solved too.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I had yesterday off work in return for working Saturday. The side effects from the brain medication were kicking my behind all day: I slept and slept and still felt exhausted. Got up this morning and was very dizzy, but it passed off with breakfast.

At work today. Money troubles still abound. There was one layoff this week, and everyone else either took a pay cut or got their hours shifted around. I imagine that even if the organization goes under, I will still have to be around to liquidate the contents of the building because I'm not an expensive employee and know how to do it. So I could be employed for a while, even if worse comes to worst.

But I have been applying for other jobs, just in case. Nothing I'm really wild about: I'm tired of the cash-crunch at non-profits but am not constitutionally suited for large corporate jobs. Not entirely sure what I'm going to do, but I'll figure something out.

Maggie, your drum sounds wonderful! Penny, I am so glad you get to hang onto as many of your teeth as possible. And (((HUGS)) to Mrs. Creative.
Mackie