Daily Check in May 11, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in May 11, 2018

Post by mbrudnic »

Starting us off.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check in May 11, 2018

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning Frugals,

I managed to get my 10,000 steps in yesterday and my blood sugar showed it this morning. My blood pressure was down and the Dr. Office Wednesday. Woo-hoo. I walked around the mall looking for a Mother's day present for my Mom and a birthday gift for DDIL. No luck. I came home and walked the mile path around my apartment complex. I need to push myself to do this more often Today after work I will go to Steinmart to look for gifts. Then at 7:30 I will attend the High School musical. DS is in the pit orchestra. This morning at 11:00 I will attend DGS4's preschool mother's day program. Tomorrow will be lunch with my Mom, Dad and Brother, Sunday will be Church with DS2 and then we will meet DS1 & family for breakfast.

Have a great day,
Maggie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good Friday morning all.

Up early to get ready to go to a museum/lunch today for my friend's birthday. The museum focuses on western and wildlife art that was collected by a local CEO. A woman I know is a docent and is going to give us a private tour. The collection also includes jewelry from the CEO's wife which I'm anxious to see.

https://thejamesmuseum.org/

Later I'll go to mom's house to start putting down mulch I bought with a coupon at Home Depot. Frugal is good. Usually I don't use the coupons because you have to buy $50 but this time I had enough to buy. I'm a longtime HD shareholder, too, so I feel it goes to my bottom line. It has gotten so hot that I can only go out into the yard early or later in the day.

Better jump in the shower because my friend is picking me up in an hour.

Enjoy your day.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

Up with the alarm, wish I could say I was up and busy already but sadly that is not the case :( These allergies are kicking my heiny. I am taking a different OTC, got them yesterday as I was so miserable . I have been on Claritin forever but it just isn't working for me anymore...now trying Zyrtec.
I hope these allergies don't keep me from being able to mow my yard. as much as I dislike mowing, the thought of having to pay and teach someone else to do it does not thrill me at all.

I finally shut all of the windows and turned on the AC yesterday hoping it would help me breathe....can't tell if it is the AC or the new meds or maybe a combo of both but I slept okay and do feel better this AM. I need to mow again but because we are doing an outing on Sunday I don't want to feel ucky after mowing and not feel good.

Today is housework day. I want it all done and looking good for the weekend and maybe a short stint weeding some perennials. So glad I made the decision to not have a big garden this year, I don't know how I would be able to keep up with all of it according to my standards.
Off to get busy,
Have a great, safe and appreciative day all,

JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Go see your doctor JCKitty. I am so glad I was forced to go.

I am still not well, but at least I can see improvement. Cough medicine is bringing up all that gross stuff. I sleep better at night. Don't wake up with that sore mouth and throat. It felt like it was on fire before since I would breath through my mouth. Still hoarse though.

And I have to not push myself. I did a little heavy lifting yesterday and will do none today. I usually help with the food bank, but not today. Not until I am 100%.

Still hot here and we run the AC. Not looking forward to summer at all. Give me nice chilly sunny spring or fall.

Hope all have a great day.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I woke up too early this morning. But so far I am not tired. I did sleep for 4 hours straight so that helps.

I made Oatmeal Blueberry muffins for breakfast. I used up the last of the blueberries I had. They are on my list again. It is one of the fruits I can eat at least for a while. I also put bananas on my list for Saturday. I can eat pears also but they are not in season. I have canned pears in my refrigerator.

My budget is much tighter this week. Because I need to pay for the implant on Tuesday. I had to take money out of my very small saving account. But I had it so I could lay it out. I have no dental insurance.

I have a load of towels in the washer. I only have one wash load today.

Other then this I expect a very quiet day. It has been 15 years since my son was killed in an auto accident. At least this year it isn’t on Mother’s Day as it was the year he was killed.

Penny