Daily Check in May 15, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in May 15, 2018

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

Ready to head into work. Did not get to my quilt last night. I did come home and take a walk and managed to get my 10,000 steps in. I have no events this evening.

I need to go pack my lunch and breakfast.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Dgflorida

Re: Daily Check in May 15, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Good wet and soggy morning all,

It rained and rained yesterday. I had to go for my eye shot and the trip home was scary. Raining so hard and pooling, I was really uncertain if I would make it. And feeling more vulnerable since I had a blurry eye. When I got home, it was raining too hard to get out of the car. Finally it slowed.

Today, I am taking the cat to the vet to get a nail trimming. Also my neighbor and I will try to walk a little if it is not raining when we start out. I also need to get a pot for a large plant I dug up. It is sitting in water which is ok for a short time, but it is becoming a long time thanks to delays.

The promised delivery of grid pavers for the driveway didn't come yesterday. Not a surprise given the tropical storm conditions. Maybe today? Who knows. I doubt anyone believed it would be this bad, this long.

I bought a new crockpot last week. I decided on a simple crockpot because it was all I needed. I got the same size as the one I had, so I now have 2 removable pots to use. I used the new one last night and it cooked the turkey fast. Clearly the old one was getting old. I am keeping it for making soups and such that use low temperatures.

The cloudy conditions have meant no ac. The humidity is bothersome, but we are used to it. We have the windows closed. I have the dry closet sealed off and several moisture absorbing containers open in it.I also have solid air freshener in it to keep everything smelling good.

I have restarted my bed exercises. Last week was too upside down to do them. I really don't like a disturbed schedule. It must be an old person thing. I am behind on several frugal things as a result of last week. But I expect to catch up today if it is quiet.

Today, I am grateful it has stopped raining for a little while and I can go walking. Have a good day everyone.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

Up early to go to mom’s house for the fence. It is overcast but no rain and the radar only shows some small bands in the Gulf. We got a good amount of rain yesterday but not nearly what DGFlorida got in her area from what she said. I was able to walk last evening no problem. I just hope any more rain holds off this morning.

When I get come I’ll do some cleaning. My house looks OK but I want it to look good for the pet sitter later this week so I’ll do some extra stuff.

Not much else. Have a good day.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Going to be another warm day here in south texas

Slept much better last night except for one small coughing spell. I am still taking the cough syrup at night. Maybe why I sleep better?

Anyway, still producing phlegm, but it is thinning out and getting clear. This is the longest I have been ill with allergies that I can remember. Crazy!

The pack has been out already. They get up way too early now since the sun is out by 0630. School traffic is going by. Just a few more weeks.

I was supposed to go to jury duty today, but they let me postpone due to my "illness". They were very nice.

Have a great day all
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning everyone. Yesterday we had a wicket storm roll though here early evening. Not sure how the surrounding communities did since I have not watched the news since then. However they were predicting winds from 60 to 70 miles per hour..I managed to get the rest of my strawberry plants planted and some of my veggie plants. I moved the smaller terracotta pots under my patio table and those that were too heavy I tipped the patio chairs over on them to protect the plants from hail. No hail thank goodness. I did not even think of digging a hole for my apple trees yesterday. I was on my deck just starting to take a bite of food when Teddi started to bark.. He is not a yappy dog so I jumped up to check on him. He was in the side yard and barking at something under my side porch. I looked closer and saw a snake slither further under the porch. I am not afraid of snakes but did not get a good look at the snake to determine what kind it was. The only problem is the faucet for the hose is located right by the side porch.. I would be putting myself in a bad situation to try to hook up the hose.. I have a water drill that you attach to a hose and it does most of the hard work drilling a hole for the trees. So everything is on hold until I can make sure there is no longer a snake under my porch. I did go on line to see what to do if you cannot plant a bare root tree right away. No need need to panic for at least 10 days and even after that things can be done.. So hopefully once the on and off storms move off I can check out the snake situation and get the holes dug..

Today I will be making enchilada sauce and then enchiladas for the freezer. I have cauliflower and sausage thawed out to make a quiche and also ketogenic sausage gravy and almond biscuits.The quiche and sausage gravy will keep me in meals for many days to come without having to stop to cook, I will just need to take the time to reheat them..

Have a good and frugal day everyone. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 8:29 am Going to be another warm day here in south texas

Slept much better last night except for one small coughing spell. I am still taking the cough syrup at night. Maybe why I sleep better?

Anyway, still producing phlegm, but it is thinning out and getting clear. This is the longest I have been ill with allergies that I can remember. Crazy!

The pack has been out already. They get up way too early now since the sun is out by 0630. School traffic is going by. Just a few more weeks.

I was supposed to go to jury duty today, but they let me postpone due to my "illness". They were very nice.

Have a great day all
Good to hear the jury duty was able to be postponed. I was called up for federal jury duty one time and when I informed them I had recently had bilateral total knee surgery and had Drs appointments in that same time period they told me to show up anyway and if I had a Drs appointment during that time period I would be excused for that day only..I did have to attend for 3 days before they decided they had enough people to fill their need.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama