Daily Check in May 18, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in May 18, 2018

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 8:11 am Good morning all.

Pippi is back to her normal self today, thankfully. Yesterday I met with the pet sitters. It was the owner and the gal who will actually be the pet sitter. I liked her and it went well. They are very thorough. I'd feel confident if it wasn't for Pippi's tablet, which she spit out last night. (I finally got her to take it.) All I can do is hope for the best and figure if she misses some of the tablets it isn't the end of the world.

I have a few errands this morning and then to mom's house to put the trash can back in the garage. Yesterday the across the street neighbor stopped by to give me a homemade blueberry muffin so I told him I'd be away for a few days. Later I hope to get a manicure - for the first time in many years.

Tomorrow in RI is supposed to be "cold" (55 degrees) so I have to plan for that. The best day weather wise will be Monday and that is the day I plan to go to Newport. Sunday is the party and it will be in the 70s.

Unlike in dgflorida's area, it has not been rainy here since a few days ago. But it is very sticky even with the a/c. I keep my a/c at 78 and I've been leaving it on 80 at mom's house except when I'm there I turn it to 78. I've had my a/c on for a month and got my bill yesterday. Only $53 so can't complain about that. Mom's house stays cooler so I only turned the a/c on a week or 10 days ago.

Enjoy your day.
I am glad that you like the dog walker. I am lucky in that I get my neighbour to look after Shania for us when we go away. I used to get my friend, but found out she really doesn't like cats and didn't spend much time with Shania. The neighbour spends time with her and this keeps the cat from being stressed out and sick when we get home.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Pippi is back to her normal self today, thankfully. Yesterday I met with the pet sitters. It was the owner and the gal who will actually be the pet sitter. I liked her and it went well. They are very thorough. I'd feel confident if it wasn't for Pippi's tablet, which she spit out last night. (I finally got her to take it.) All I can do is hope for the best and figure if she misses some of the tablets it isn't the end of the world.

I have a few errands this morning and then to mom's house to put the trash can back in the garage. Yesterday the across the street neighbor stopped by to give me a homemade blueberry muffin so I told him I'd be away for a few days. Later I hope to get a manicure - for the first time in many years.

Tomorrow in RI is supposed to be "cold" (55 degrees) so I have to plan for that. The best day weather wise will be Monday and that is the day I plan to go to Newport. Sunday is the party and it will be in the 70s.

Unlike in dgflorida's area, it has not been rainy here since a few days ago. But it is very sticky even with the a/c. I keep my a/c at 78 and I've been leaving it on 80 at mom's house except when I'm there I turn it to 78. I've had my a/c on for a month and got my bill yesterday. Only $53 so can't complain about that. Mom's house stays cooler so I only turned the a/c on a week or 10 days ago.

Enjoy your day.
Florida cat hope you have a very enjoyable week-end at your cousin's party. Also hope Pippi does take her medication well while you are gone. So happy that you are doing enjoyable things for yourself. Janet Alliesmamam
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Dgflorida wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:32 am Good Friday morning all,

Another day of rain predicted, but it may wait for my morning walk with the neighbor. Hubs and I have not been able to get out yet for a walk because the rains rarely hold off long enough. The temperatures and humidity are uncomfortable. The temperature is just below "turn on ac" level.

I got hold of the young man who works at Home Depot and who offered to do work for me a couple of weeks ago. He is 28 and trying to get enough to cover his car payments etc. We will meet tomorrow and see if we have a fit.

I am frustrated that I can't work outside and when frustrated, I am not productive inside either. I need to have a talk with myself on that. I should seize the opportunity to get housework done.

Hubs was nagging me about getting the back porch finished. I told him repeatedly, patiently that nothing can happen until it dries out which may be weeks. Finally, I was PO and used colorful language to say stop nagging.

Frustrated, I turned to the internet to hunt for inspiration on landscape designs around my new driveway. I also went to my gardening group. Half are delighted with the rain. The other half, including me, say "enough already!" I did learn how to grow canna lilies from seeds. Wow. Normally, you have to buy the bulbs at $4 a pop. But the seed pods can produce them, but it is like moonflower seed sprouting. Going to try that sometime. And I got one plant transplanted before thunder drove me inside. :x

My big beautiful, showy sunflowers are gone. The heads ripped off and stolen! The gardening group says squirrels. Evil tree rats!

The daily walk with my neighbor is interesting and sometimes amusing. I wear a sleeveless top, an A shirt some call it, with skinny straps when we walk. She had a cute way of suggesting that was a lot of exposure(of skin). I explained that I get overheated easily. And if I get overheated, I faint and fall down. So I am careful to dress to stay cool. So she said well don't faint and didn't want that to happen. Last week, before the rains hit, she warned me that I was getting a lot of sun(exposed skin) and should use sun protection. Cute. At my age, it is just amusing.

Today, I am grateful that I am alive and in good health. Have a good day everyone. Stay safe and healthy.
I have grown moonflowers from seeds for the last 10 years. Only a couple of times have my plants produced the seed pods. I really hope to get these this year to produce a few.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Jackielou wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 9:04 am

Enjoy your day.
I am glad that you like the dog walker. I am lucky in that I get my neighbour to look after Shania for us when we go away. I used to get my friend, but found out she really doesn't like cats and didn't spend much time with Shania. The neighbour spends time with her and this keeps the cat from being stressed out and sick when we get home.
Pippi is a cat. 😀 I previously asked a neighbor and she (and her boyfriend) were good. But she could not come in twice a day for Pippi’s new tablet. Off topic but my neighbor has worked for Macy’s full time for 25+ years and they still change her schedule every week and during the holidays she still must work the terrible early and late hours. To me this shows no respect for a longtime employees.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

We have had rolling thunderstorms since about 4:00 AM.. The rain is a nice slow steady rain and the thunder is nice not threatening. I love a good thunderstorm.. My plants on the deck are looking really nice with the slow rain.. I still have some to plant but they are outside and enjoying the rain.

Yesterday I picked up some really good bargains on chicken and today will be repackaging a lot of it. Colonial Girl I found a small package of pork steaks on sale that was just perfect for me. I will be cooking them on the BBQ grill on Memorial Day. I will be thinking of you when I eat them lol.. Yesterday my aide brought me a huge roasting chicken about 8 lbs. She said her other client did not want it and she did not want to be bothered with it either..He received it in some kind of monthly meat order and did not want it so he passed it on to her and she gave it to me. I have it thawing in the fridge and will bake it on Sunday.. It will feed me for a very long time..I will freeze a lot of the meat for meals later on. While at the grocery store I picked up a rotisserie chicken. It was free since I used survey money to pay for it..($ 6.00) I am very fortunate to love chicken more than anything else..Also Aldi's had milk on sale for .80 cents a half gallon.. woo hoo. I was paying .89 cents at a store across the street from them. I have switched from half and half in my coffee to whole milk and just that one little change gives me more money to spend on food in other area.

Have a good and frugal day. Janet Alliesmama
Last edited by alliesmama4 on Fri May 18, 2018 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janet Alliesmama
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I woke at 5 took my morning medications and lay down again. I was able to fall asleep until about 6:30. I am still tired, but not as tired as yesterday.

I have had my breakfast of oatmeal, now I am drinking my coffee.

Not much new. I want to see if I can figure out the tricky short row on the Tiny Laptop. There are three tricky areas in this tiny toy. I want to knit a couple more of them.

The garbage is gathered and out.

Penny