Daily check in May 19, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
2dogs+someCats

Re: Daily check in May 19, 2018

Post by 2dogs+someCats » Sat May 19, 2018 12:05 pm

Good Day! Up at 6:30 a.m. and tied my dogs out - first Hope then Lucy. Followed that with plenty of good coffee while laying in bed listening to the rain. Then over to boss's house to take her dogs out in the rain. Lots of rain and lots of dogs in my weekend!

Physical Therapy is helping my knee A LOT. We are now in a battle with the insurance company. My doctors recommend 3x a week for 15 weeks - so a total of 45 PT sessions. The insurance company came back with approval for TEN sessions total. My doctor is going to appeal and we are hoping for 20. Time will tell. Meanwhile I am going to TWO appointments per week and doing exercises at home twice a day.

My dad built me a wooden step, 4 inches high. One of my at home exercises is to keep my injured leg on the step and step down and up with my "good leg" - repeating 12 times, twice a day.

I have been able to start doing a little more around the house in the way of cleaning, etc. It feels WONDERFUL. It has been 10 weeks since my injury happened and the first 8 weeks consisted of going to work and laying in bed - that is no way to live!!! I can't walk the dogs yet but my PT doctor says I will again. :-)

I came to the library this morning to watch highlights of "the wedding" - nice and enjoyable. I have some errands to run when I leave here and then back to boss's house to take her dogs out again. More housework this afternoon. I have to take it slow but it is so nice to be doing SOMETHING again. :-)

I hope you are all well - going to try to read a lot of the posts and catch up a little bit.

BevMoore

Post by BevMoore » Sat May 19, 2018 3:57 pm

<t>Good morning,<br/>
<br/>
I tried posting the other day but my internet goes on the fritz sometimes so the post was lost.<br/>
<br/>
This past week was a busy subbing week and this next week even more so since it is county fair week. It's also the last week for traditional schools until mid August. i hope to pick up a few gigs over the summer. I may have to skip the yard duty ones when it is too hot out. It is getting harder for me to tolerate the direct heat. Between that and the springtime allergies it's crazy to work outdoors but AI love being out!<br/>
<br/>
Busy weeks mean nice paychecks so the next two checks will fatten up my vacation fund. I want to drive up to the Seattle area again to visit family and also head down to southern Calif. where I have family there as well. It will be fun to visit what few old haunts are left down there. So much has changed since we left there almost 35 years ago.<br/>
<br/>
Cleaning the kitchen today and then will be prepaing a vegan dish for a vegan potluck dinner this evening. I am looking forward to it.<br/>
<br/>
Bev</t>

jckitty

Post by jckitty » Sat May 19, 2018 5:13 pm

Hello all,

Slept in but was still able to catch the tail end of The Wedding....Meghan looked beautiful and Prince Harry looked wonderful as well. I truly hope the best of lives for them. Hope to catch the entire wedding at some point. :)

Grocery shopping and errands done, picked up the artificial flowers for cemetery decorating next weekend. I will get them put together into bouquets this week.
Stopped at a German bakery for pastries. First time we have ever been, we will be going again...butter kuchen slice to die for. I love pastries and while I could be making all of that stuff myself, I don't need whole recipes of each and I love to try different things. ;)

Then we hit a small town close by that was having town wide yard sales and a street festival. it was fun, I got some small Patriotic pieces...I don't have much of that type of décor. I do now ;)

I need to run the floor duster and fix supper for dad and then will all it a day. Very humid and spitting rain off and on all day...good evening to just relax.

Have a great evening all,
JCKitty

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic » Sat May 19, 2018 5:27 pm

Good Evening,
I was up early with the TV on but was sewing. I have my squares sewn into strips. Harry and Megan were well underway on their carriage ride when I headed up to Mom and Dad's. Mom texting last night asking if I had a food processor. She has a little one. She wanted to make freezer slaw. So we now have 3 gallons of vinegar slaw in the freezer. Recipe was found in the Ball canning recipe book.

I will be leaving shortly for dinner out again. Today is the birthday of one of the ladies in my group. I do need to get some more steps in on my pedometer. This is also going to push me over budget again. Ah well. I am going to have a invest in a few new nice-looking t-shrts. All of mine are too big. (Yipee!). I need something dressy-casual to wear out and about.

Have a great evening,
Maggie
Last edited by mbrudnic on Sat May 19, 2018 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat » Sat May 19, 2018 5:31 pm

Shelia, I am so glad your knee is doing better, and good girl for doing your exercises at home.

I went to training today for my new job. It went well. Had an awful time getting there because of street closures for construction and a big triathelon.

DH and I went out for an early supper at the local BBQ place, which has only 5 tables but award winning food. It was delicious. After a month of medication side effects ruining my appetite, I finally want food again. Previously I could not bear the taste of anything with tomatoes in the sauce.

Gave the puppers their flea and heartworm preventative when I arrived home from work. They are all sacked out napping now. Will get their baths tomorrow.
Mackie

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover » Sat May 19, 2018 5:56 pm

Good evening everyone.

I had a good trip to RI. I had a short layover in DC so not as good as a nonstop flight but it was fine. I caught some of the wedding guests arriving before I left home and some of the ceremony and carriage ride in the airport and on a woman’s cell phone as we were waiting for the parking shuttle. Love technology. I thought Meghan’s gown was simple and beautiful. I hope to watch more of the wedding tonight.

It has been an emotional afternoon. After I checked into the hotel I went to the cemetery to be with my mom. Of course I cried as I talked to her. I was so pleased that the lettering on the headstone and the marker were both complete and looked wonderful. I had asked to have my grandfather’s marker cleaned and put on a new base and that was done, too. They don’t work in winter and I was so slow in deciding on the lettering so I was surprised the work was complete. Also I have not received the invoice so another reason I didn’t think it would be done. I feel at peace.

Weather here is rainy and raw. I hope it will be better tomorrow for the party. It is supposed to be warmer but may still rain.

It’s been a long day but I’m glad I decided not to cancel the trip. Pippi took her tablet this morning with no problem.

Enjoy the rest of the evening.