Daily Check in May 22, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in May 22, 2018

Post by Jackielou »

Update

I have gotten a bit more done today, including most of yesterdays list. Still have a bit to accomplish but I am plumb tuckered out.

The skies are dark and thunder has been rumbling for the last half hour or so. Sure hope we get some rain out of it.

Off to read and see what else is new on the forum.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Hi there frugal peeps,
This week has been busy. When all is said and done I will have worked about 30 hours+ which will make for a nice check to put towards paying off my Explorer. I had a wonderful day today. The school I have been doing yard duty at this week was short on staff so I wound up working all the lunch shifts today. So I put on my thinking cap and corralled all of my prior experience working ASES and such.....and killed it! The principal and vice principal loved how I handled it. VP called me up about an hour after I got home...asked if I would be willing to do crosswalk duty every day for 30 minutes. This school is very close to where I live so I accepted the job. He also told me they were putting my name on top of the sub list for yard duty when the regulars are out. Since I cannot work under contract I do subbing and I love it! I also love my after school program subbing job. So now I have three schools I will likely be subbing at for para educator and yard duty. Two of them are year round schools which means I will probably have work this summer along with other assignments I might pick up. I'm really happy about all of this. After going through some age discrimination experiences over the past couple of years I have finally found some places that like having elders work there. And since I have no grandchildren, DD lives far away and DS has his own life it all works out for me. So by doing crossing guard duty that will net me about $200 a month plus everything else I bring in. Hoping to be able to pay off the Explorer near the first of the year, and the house by the time I turn 70. The cool thing about doing subbing is I am always meeting up with other co-workers in different locations. It's a lot of fun to meet up and catch up.

Well I beter go because computer is being weird. Have a good evening!

Bev
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Bev congrats on being recognized for your abilities and the extra money to pay off your vehicle and house.. Keep up the good work.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

BevMoore wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 8:09 pm Hi there frugal peeps,
This week has been busy. When all is said and done I will have worked about 30 hours+ which will make for a nice check to put towards paying off my Explorer. I had a wonderful day today. The school I have been doing yard duty at this week was short on staff so I wound up working all the lunch shifts today. So I put on my thinking cap and corralled all of my prior experience working ASES and such.....and killed it! The principal and vice principal loved how I handled it. VP called me up about an hour after I got home...asked if I would be willing to do crosswalk duty every day for 30 minutes. This school is very close to where I live so I accepted the job. He also told me they were putting my name on top of the sub list for yard duty when the regulars are out. Since I cannot work under contract I do subbing and I love it! I also love my after school program subbing job. So now I have three schools I will likely be subbing at for para educator and yard duty. Two of them are year round schools which means I will probably have work this summer along with other assignments I might pick up. I'm really happy about all of this. After going through some age discrimination experiences over the past couple of years I have finally found some places that like having elders work there. And since I have no grandchildren, DD lives far away and DS has his own life it all works out for me. So by doing crossing guard duty that will net me about $200 a month plus everything else I bring in. Hoping to be able to pay off the Explorer near the first of the year, and the house by the time I turn 70. The cool thing about doing subbing is I am always meeting up with other co-workers in different locations. It's a lot of fun to meet up and catch up.

Well I beter go because computer is being weird. Have a good evening!

Bev
Congratulations Bev.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Jackielou wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 5:52 pm
I hope that you can get some rest. Keep an eye on how your chest feels. Anything strange get yourself to the hospital or doctors.
Unfortunately for me, the heart-area-hurting thing is normal for me. Poor sleep, extra stress, caffeine, and gluten all make this happen to me. I just try to keep moving, and if possible, get a nap in too.

Thank you for your concern.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 12:10 pm
Jackielou wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 5:52 pm
I hope that you can get some rest. Keep an eye on how your chest feels. Anything strange get yourself to the hospital or doctors.
Unfortunately for me, the heart-area-hurting thing is normal for me. Poor sleep, extra stress, caffeine, and gluten all make this happen to me. I just try to keep moving, and if possible, get a nap in too.

Thank you for your concern.
Gayle left side chest pain is one of my indicators of having been glutened..I press on the muscles and if they are tender I know it is gluten related.. Not sure if that is the same situation with your? Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama