Daily check in May 23, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Daily check in May 23, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Just to get us started.
Dgflorida

Re: Daily check in May 23, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Wednesday morning all,

Plans of mice and men..... I got a call from the flooring people yesterday. They are coming this morning and I need to make the kitchen ready for them. So I set up my craft table in the bathroom and filled it with the good dishes out of the hutch and moved my little cheap floor modular cabinets and of course mopped the floor. After mopping it, I had no question it needed to be replaced. It cannot be made clean. Well off on an adventure, but not the one I planned for the day.

I don't want them to drive on my driveway yet since the edges are not protected.so I put trashcans in front of it and will put some blocks this morning. I swept the porch to decrease the dirt they might drag in.

Unloading the cabinets told me that I really need to re-organize badly. I really don't have that much, but it is just scattered about. I have also decided to get a new refrigerator when I get my new freezer. As I was cleaning around the refrigerator I realized it was quite rusty on the outside side. It was bought a while back for this house as a rental and it was likely used/old at the time. The temperature controls are broken off, so it is set where it is. It is a 16 cubic and I feel it is a tad big. Things get lost in there. I did a bit of research and I may buy during this holiday sale. or wait until the next. The same things will likely be on sale again. And I want to shop around some.

Today, I don't walk because my neighbor has an eye doctor appointment. And now I have the flooring people. However, we planned to visit the branch of the bank where my mother-in-law had a CD and get out share. But not today. Hopefully tomorrow. I sure hope this works out well as did the rest of the flooring in this house did with this company.

Hubs has only lost a pound this last week or two and it will be slow if he can't walk due to the weather and stuff.

Today, I am grateful that things are getting done. Have a good day everyone.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

After all the clouds and dark skies of yesterday we got about 14 drops of rain. Now the forecast calls for more rain today, and while it is a bit cooler the skies seem to be clear. Perhaps this will be another dry year like last year. And there are people who say there is no climate change????? The farmers here are crying for rain, which if they don't get it will mean no grain, or very little grain this year.

It will also mean more forest fires or grassland fires and perhaps water rationing for some communities. Our large rain barrel is empty already.

I did not get my chores completed yesterday so some of those chores will be done today and some will be forgotten about until next week. I am not happy about that, but I have learned I can only do so much each day before my wrist starts to act up.

Today's list isn't that long and most of what I wish to accomplish are easy tasks that only take a few minutes to do. I would like to clean out and straighten a few cupboards later this morning and I think I will start with the bottom ones and work my way up. It will more than likely take me a few days, but I want to reorganize everything. Nothing is scattered, just messily put away.

I will be heading out for my morning constitutional pretty soon. I have added another 2 blocks to my walk and hopefully next week will add two more. My evening walk is considerably shorter (only about 8 blocks) and my walk each day for the mail only entails 4 blocks. My early morning walk is by far the most enjoyable as it is cool, and I can move without worrying about stopping to talk to people (I am really bad for doing that).

I will also be hunting on the internet for coupons I can use when shopping this week. I will be searching the fliers for the best deals and then hunting down coupons to make them even better deals. The pickings have been slim the last few times I have done this, but even saving a dollar is keeping money in our pockets.

Supper this evening will be a package of the leftover ham. I had thought of making a casserole, but instead because of the heat I may do something in the microwave (I can do scalloped potato and ham casserole in there) or just heating it up and serving with either rice or mashed potatoes and a veg or two.

Today I am grateful for the little rain we had yesterday, but am really wishing for more today.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I woke up a bit too early this morning 5 am. I have showered and dressed. Breakfast was oatmeal.

I started 2 new projects yesterday, another Tiny MacBook, and a box of Popcorn. I will need a few Birthday gifts over the next few weeks. I put finished Tinies into a container and when I need gifts I pull them out.

I was able to vote yesterday afternoon in the run off primary. I was happy with the result of one and disappointed in the second.

Since Monday’s high is forecast to be 100º I think I can actually wash my winter coat. I kept putting it off. The coat is in the washer now. I have no other laundry to do today.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

kind of overcast this morning

Think I slept well. But I am still having sinus issues. Woke up all stuffy. Going to be a long summer.

having our usual Wednesday morning breakfast. We go out more than this. We don't spend a lot and the conversation is good. Get lots accomplished - :mrgreen:

Hope all have a great day
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

S my Fitbit says I slept for 8 hours and was only restless for 1. Why am I so sleepy? Afterwork today I will need to go to Target and pick up a prescription. My apartment is so cluttered with stuff for DS's grad part as well as stuff ex sent over from the house. He found a lovely Navy Blue wool coat in the coat closet a few sizes smaller than what Mom, SIL or I wear. So no idea who's it might be. Maybe MIL's? Those are the three people who woudl have been around enough to put such a coat in the closet.

Lots on my to-do list, walk, shred colored paper for table decorations. I bought 24 sets of drumsticks and will stick them in quart Mason jars filled with shredded paper in school colors as center pices. Of course DS2 said those are not his preferred drum sticks, so I may divvy them out to DGS1 over time since the drum set is in DS1's basement. LOL! DDIL need not know. My gave ma $2.00 off coupon for a dozen mason jars. I only had 8. My cousin J forgot to put her roaster pans in her car, so we may meet up this weekend. Her Dad is going to hook my up with buns. So we are almost there. I still need to order the cupcake arrangement. I will also go through all of DS's award, letters, patches, certificates and figure out how to display them.

Maggie