What's the price of gas near you?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Re: What's the price of gas near you?

Post by gaylejackson2 »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:35 am I think most of the recent increases can be chalked up to geopolitical issues. Oil collapse in Venezuela and OPEC keeping prices high as Saudi Aramco goes public on the stock market.
I blame OPEC too.

I do remember from other years, that summer-time gas prices are typically much higher.
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Gas prices in Cali are averaging $3.50 per gallon plus at regular gas stations....and that is for the cheapest grade which most vehicles need. In my neck of the woods the gas stations are charging $3.59-3.69 per gallon ($.10 more if you pay by credit card which I do). At Sams Club and Costco gas is about $.30 per gallon less. Afternoons and evenings there are gas lines but early in the mornings you can pull right in. Today I did my crosswalk duty and then drove a couple of miles to Sams Club. SUV was bouncing on empty. I filled it up and saved at least $5.00 vs what I would have paid elsewhere.

Bev
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 10:59 am For those of us who drive, and have to bow to the "gas pump Gods," how much are you paying per gallon lately?

At the Smith's grocery & gas where I go most frequently, it was $3.14 for low grade (85%), then $3.24 for mid-grade (88%), and $3.34 for high-grade (92%). I had a coupon for $0.80 off per gallon, I put 24 gallons in my car, and paid nearly $59.

I'm not sure that I like summer gas prices, but I do have 2 out-of-town reunions this summer, and dmil dearly wants us to come to Oregon this summer too -- so I'll be pinching pennies to try to make all those happen.
The Native American places are $2.50 - $2.75 a gallon.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

It was $2.90 at the station near me. Down from $2.99 - $3.09 last week.
AuntBridget

Post by AuntBridget »

Here the price of gas kept creeping up as we got closer to the holiday weekend. Then of course afterwards, it started it'down hill slope. It was 2.67 at the station that we fill up at.
Aunt Bridget
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

On Saturday afternoon, I noticed that the price has crept up again, now $3.19 for low-grade. I paid $65 for nearly 24 gallons with only 10 cents off coupon.