If you buy online, where do you order clothes/shoes from?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

If you buy online, where do you order clothes/shoes from?

Post by gaylejackson2 »

I have been thinking about this for awhile now, but in seeing CG's post in today (June 1st) check-in, it reminded me that I should ask you all where you get your clothes & shoes from... if you shop online?

I need good shoes, that won't wear out in 2-3 months, and that provide some instep support. I really like slip-on's but am open to just about anything. My main hangups are that I currently can't afford to spend more than $50 on a single pair of shoes unless I know they will last me at least a year; AND I have big feet (size 11).

I also need jeans. My last "good enough" pair split across the bottom 2 weeks ago while we were camping -- I can repair them, but they'll only be good for gardening or housework then. I usually have to go to the western-wear stores around here to get jeans long enough to fit my legs as I have a 34-36 inch inseam, depending on the brand.

So, does anyone have any ideas for me? PLEASE?
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
floridacatlover

Re: If you buy online, where do you order clothes/shoes from?

Post by floridacatlover »

Gayle, for shoes I’m going to suggest a store I haven’t tried yet but I’ve heard many good things. Hotter Shoes. It’s a UK company that just started doing business in the U.S. I believe. One of the UK bloggers I used to follow mentioned the company a number of times. I think their reputation is they are well made. If Rinty sees this maybe she will comment.

I looked at their site for some dressy shoes for my cousins anniversary party but ended up buying two pair from ShoeBuy on Amazon. Both were around $50. But I think you are looking for everyday shoes and Hotter seems to specialize in casual/everyday shoes. Most are about $100 but if you look at the outlet many are $69 or so. I’m going to try them at some point.

https://www.hotter.com/us/en

I have small, wide feet and have bought many of my shoes at a company called Cinderella of Boston. The largest size they sell is 5 1/2 so I don’t think that would help you.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I buy about 90% of my clothes online

For dressier stuff (not extremely dressy) I use J Jill. I like to buy the things that are to care for but still look good. I never thought I would wear knit stuff again, but it is so light and comfy and soft. They also have linen and cotton

Very comfy jeans too. They carry shoes, purses, jewelry.

For casual sporty wear I buy Eddie Bauer. Just got two items from them today.

Both usually run sales of 40-50 percent off. They have clearance items too. I get a coupon for 40 dollars or so from ed bauer every few months.

I like Clark shoes. New Balance tennis shoes. Birkenstock sandals.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I have like three stores that i order online from and I know their sizes. I also order through Amazon fashion with success. I order from Christopher and Banks and Catherine's 90 percent of the time. One has in store returns near me one does not.

I have to say that i have also ordered with success from Swap.com. thrift and consignment stores live online too.

The one place I pay good money is for shoes. I buy WAS whenever I can and have yet to regret the 100 plus bucks. Their relaxed style shoes are the most comfortable shoes on the planet. When not SAS, I buy Clark's and occasionally Skechers.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I can't wear typical shoes due to bone spurs in my heels. Bionica and Merrell work great for me. I can usually find them online at Sierra Trading Post or 6pm.com.

For clothes, I love swap.com. Boscov's online store is good for lots of things -- great deals on dresses -- and I have bought some things on clearance from Avenue online that I like. Avenue's clothes run a little big, though.
Mackie
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

I pay good money for shoes because of my problem feet. I also wear a 10.5 Wide. So even stores have to order them. I order from Zappos, ShoeBuy and FootSmart/Walking Company. For clothing I tend to buy better clothes online from the likes of Talbots, Land's end, LL Bean. I have also ordered from Kohls & JCPenney's online.