If you buy online, where do you order clothes/shoes from?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: If you buy online, where do you order clothes/shoes from?

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Land's End for clothes, and Merrils for shoes.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Also Clarks shoes....they last me for years.
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

I buy Woman Within tops and nighties. They have enough room in the shoulders and lots of styles and colors to choose from. Great sales, too!!!

I do buy my loafers (shoes) from Haband but I hasten to add that they are a pain to deal with. If you call to place an order they try to sell you just about everything. I have to keep saying "no thank-you" a zillion times. On-line is the way to go with them.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:03 pm I have been thinking about this for awhile now, but in seeing CG's post in today (June 1st) check-in, it reminded me that I should ask you all where you get your clothes & shoes from... if you shop online?

I need good shoes, that won't wear out in 2-3 months, and that provide some instep support. I really like slip-on's but am open to just about anything. My main hangups are that I currently can't afford to spend more than $50 on a single pair of shoes unless I know they will last me at least a year; AND I have big feet (size 11).

I also need jeans. My last "good enough" pair split across the bottom 2 weeks ago while we were camping -- I can repair them, but they'll only be good for gardening or housework then. I usually have to go to the western-wear stores around here to get jeans long enough to fit my legs as I have a 34-36 inch inseam, depending on the brand.

So, does anyone have any ideas for me? PLEASE?
I order lots of things from JC Penney, Amazon's different merchants and Walmart.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

I order a lot from J Jill because they fit me (small petite) and I have never had to have any of them altered.

I also order from One Tribe Apparel and Mexicali Blues....think harem pants and Hippy type clothes.
I have very eclectic tastes in clothes ;) I know what I like and how I like things to fit.

I love the look/thought of tunics but being short I have to watch what I buy as they cut me the wrong way.

Jeans usually from J Jill and all that being said I never pay full price, JJill is almost always having some sort of sales and I like to combine sales with free shipping offers.

JCKitty
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:15 pm I buy about 90% of my clothes online

For dressier stuff (not extremely dressy) I use J Jill. I like to buy the things that are to care for but still look good. I never thought I would wear knit stuff again, but it is so light and comfy and soft. They also have linen and cotton

Very comfy jeans too. They carry shoes, purses, jewelry.

For casual sporty wear I buy Eddie Bauer. Just got two items from them today.

Both usually run sales of 40-50 percent off. They have clearance items too. I get a coupon for 40 dollars or so from ed bauer every few months.

I like Clark shoes. New Balance tennis shoes. Birkenstock sandals.
I like Eddie Bauer, though I've not bought anything from them in over 20 years. Good to know they are still around. :D