I need a new mop ... any advice?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: I need a new mop ... any advice?

Post by Jackielou »

My Libman mop is red, but like Mackie's the head screws off and goes in the washer.

I now have another WetJet type as it was easier to use when I was washing floors just after breaking my wrist.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Momof2Still

Post by Momof2Still »

I have a Goplus Microfiber Spinning Mop which I love. It is so absorbent, and you can decide how wet or dry you want the mop to be. I do not have to hand wring it, and the mop head can be removed and washed in the washer. The best part is if there is a spot that may need a little soaking, the mop will stand (the mop head is round) alone, even in the middle of the floor. I have cats that sometimes leave me a present once I have left for work, and by the time I get home that spot needs a little soaking). My daughter has a different brand and loves hers too.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I bought a Swiffer Wet Jet several years ago. I have very poor balance. It dries very quickly. This is very important to me at my age I don't want to fall on a wet floor.

I am sure I could do a better job on my hands and knees. That is not going to happen.

I am pleased with the Swiffer Wet Jet.

Penny
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:40 pm I use a Libman mop. It is made of strips of fabric and unscrews from the handle for machine washing. I line dry it. One mop head lasts years.
I have the same mop. Like it better than any I have had.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Folks, thanks for all your advice!
Decided to try the Libman mop ... it also didn't hurt that I found it at a good price! I'll report back after I use it ...