I need a new mop ... any advice?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

I need a new mop ... any advice?

Post by LWolfT »

My steam mop has croaked, so I need something to clean floors with.
I'm really not looking for another steam mop, but I'm not sure what to get. .. I have a vinyl floor in the kitchen and vinyl plank in the dining room.
So, what do you all use? One of those Wet-Jet type mops? Regular sponge mops? Or something else?
floridacatlover

Re: I need a new mop ... any advice?

Post by floridacatlover »

LWolfT, I’m looking for a new mop, too.

Right now I have a very old wet-jet type mop made by Pledge. I got it free after rebate years ago. It’s been OK but really does not deep clean my floors which are vinyl. I stockpiled the cans of cleaner but I’m almost out and it is no longer available.

The gal I follow on YouTube, How Jen Does It, recommends the Rubbermaid Reveal Mop. It has a bottle you fill with your own cleaner and microfiber pads that can be washed. But ...the reviews on Target.com are not good. Many people say the sprayer stops working within months (or less). They cost about $20. I’m still considering trying it but hope someone here will have a better idea.

My mom always said she loved her mop but it is not for me. Not sure the brand but it has strips of cloth and you need a bucket and there is a piece that slides down to wring the mop without getting your hands wet. Not for me.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I use a Libman mop. It is made of strips of fabric and unscrews from the handle for machine washing. I line dry it. One mop head lasts years.
Mackie
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Mackie, is that the Wonder Mop? Does it absorb water pretty well? The price is certainly right.

Florida, I saw the reviews on that Rubbermaid mop, too ... too bad, I liked the idea of using my own cleaner.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Is it green? Then that is it. I have used them forever because the heads can be machine laundered. I am about ready to buy some new ones because the old ones have been worn out by the rough slate kitchen floor. Took nearly 6 years to wear them out.
Mackie
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Hmm ... the ones on the website are multi-color. But it shows that the heads can be taken off and tossed in the washer. ... Perhaps they just changed the color.