Daily Check in June 7, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check in June 7, 2018

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello all.

Maggie, a big congrats on the weight loss.

Jackie, did you know that Canada attacked the White House in the War of 1812. No, me neither. 😀

I exhausted myself this morning working in mom’s yard. I decided to cut the back yard so got over there fairly early, 9:15. But it was so sunny that it was really brutal. Still I got it done and it really needed it. I would have been OK if I had stopped there. But I went inside to rest a bit and have water and fruit. Then I decided to do clipping, first near where the new fence will be (losing battle with back neighbor’s jungle backyard) and then the bougainvillea. I used my Japanese saw to cut some big branches on the bougainvillea and got really tired.

I feel better now after taking a shower. When my hair dries I’m thinking of taking myself out to lunch at the chicken salad restaurant and then look around Tuesday Morning a bit.

I’m relaxing the rest of the day.

Enjoy.
Last edited by floridacatlover on Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good early afternoon all,

I was up with the alarm and of course have been busy. :)

I have made 2 trips town, for the garden tiller....it is now fixed and running. Thank The good Lord!!! Some little piece went backwards and I couldn't pull it to get it started. I love my little tiller and use it a lot. :)
While in town I got the few groceries on my list, mainly salad makings and fruit.

Have my meatloaf for supper made and in the fridge, bean salad made and need to peel potatoes for mashed potatoes. I made cheese potatoes last night and they went over well. Love feeding my nephew as he is a growing boy and it makes it worthwhile to cook! Might throw some jello salad together, it is good for dad but sometimes he won't eat it. :?

It is sunny and not too hot yet, have the windows opened for fresh air, had to spray bug spray in the kitchen...gnats! I have no idea what from as nothing is ever left out in my kitchen. I also have a homemade gnat trap in the sink. It does work but they were freaking me out so I used the spray also.

Need to give the floors a once over and then work on my never ending dusting and lists.
Have a great, safe and appreciative day all,
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Antother warm sunny day. But good news, don't think it will hit 100! :mrgreen:

Maybe only 99 - wonderful

I"ve already been out and about. We had a big event going on and i had to go check it out. Big for out little group.

Then went to lunch.

Now back home. Going out later again to check progress.

Have a great day.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:00 pm Hello all.

Jackie, did you know that Canada attacked the White House in the War of 1812. No, me neither. 😀

I exhausted myself this morning working in mom’s yard. I decided to cut the back yard so got over there fairly early, 9:15. But it was so sunny that it was really brutal. Still I got it done and it really needed it. I would have been OK if I had stopped there. But I went inside to rest a bit and have water and fruit. Then I decided to do clipping, first near where the new fence will be (losing battle with back neighbor’s jungle backyard) and then the bougainvillea. I used my Japanese saw to cut some big branches on the bougainvillea and got really tired.

I feel better now after taking a shower. When my hair dries I’m thinking of taking myself out to lunch at the chicken salad restaurant and then look around Tuesday Morning a bit.

Enjoy.
I actually knew the British Colony of Canada with the help of many of the First Nations people did burn the White House down in 1812. It was part of our history courses in elementary school. We did Canadian History grades 7 & 8

We also had to learn the Kings and Queens of England as we are part of the British Commonwealth in grades 5 & 6. I don't think they do either of those anylonger.

Highschool history was world oriented and American history in grades 9 & 10. While Canada's involvement in the World Wars was grades 11 & 12.

I believe those courses are still taught.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good afternoon Everyone,

We are having some beautiful weather, only 87º here today and it doesn't even feel that hot. I haven't seen or heard from my lawn guy so if he doesn't show up today, I will be out there cutting grass. It will be a mess if I wait any longer.

I was craving a nice salad so last night I made a Spaghetti Salad and had some today for lunch, it was delicious. You have to let it set overnight for the flavors to meld through it. I have enough for several meals. This is the one that has diced tomatoes, green peppers, cucumbers, green onions, mushrooms, salad supreme and Italian Dressing in it. Makes a meal in itself.

I got a rocky start today, didn't sleep real well last night as my DD and her family were driving in from Nebraska and I stayed up till they got home, a little after midnight. I then couldn't go to sleep and then when I did I overslept this morning, making me late for a 10:00 appointment. It all worked out ok, but I was 20 minutes late meeting with one of my tenants. I deplore being late for anything. She is never on time herself, so I guess I am the only one that it bothered. I called her and told her what has happened.

All of my daily chores are done and I plan on doing some of the extra ones on my list.

My brother called me this morning and he's going in to talk with the surgeon next Tuesday. He has decided to have the prostate surgery and I am relieved. The doctor believes he can take care of the cancer issue and I'm praying that he's right.

Bible School starts next week, but I am not going to help this year. I have got so many things that need my attention here at home and it's time for someone else to do a little work in the church. I don't have any kids or grandkids attending so for once don't feel an obligation to work. There are several of us older ones who have opted out this year. The kids are to hard to handle and I don't want to take a chance of hurting my back picking one of them up. You can definitely tell that many of them don't get any discipline at home. I admire school teachers so much, I would never be able to teach in a classroom with this group of children.

Maggie, you go girl...you have done great on your weight loss.

Well, I need to get myself busy and I hope that all of you have a wonderful day.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Jackielou wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:28 pm
floridacatlover wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:00 pm Hello all.

Enjoy.
I actually knew the British Colony of Canada with the help of many of the First Nations people did burn the White House down in 1812. It was part of our history courses in elementary school. We did Canadian History grades 7 & 8

We also had to learn the Kings and Queens of England as we are part of the British Commonwealth in grades 5 & 6. I don't think they do either of those anylonger.

Highschool history was world oriented and American history in grades 9 & 10. While Canada's involvement in the World Wars was grades 11 & 12.

I believe those courses are still taught.
Wow, I was totally incorrect. I always thought it was the British. When Trump said it was Canada I thought he was crazy. But I guess I owe him an apology. He knows his history better than I do!