If you had to live in a hotel for a week...

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
SandiSAHM

Re: If you had to live in a hotel for a week...

Post by SandiSAHM »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:37 pmSandi, it sounds like you sold your house. Congrats!

My friends who travel with their dog always try to stay at LaQuinta because of their pet policy.
Thank you! We very sincerely believed it was never going to happen. Who knows, I may be back here 7/11 saying it didn't happen (closing is the 10th).

When I read your post I looked up LaQuinta because it'd been so long since I'd seen one. Turns out there aren't any on this side of Tulsa. Fortunately we got a really good rate from a place DH's employer contracts with to house people from overseas who stay for a while during training / relocation. Double good as we're on their rewards program and the points will help pay for our usual jaunt out of town in December.

Interestingly, as they have a number of people staying there because their homeowner's insurance put them up there, there are a remarkable number of dogs in the hotel. Met a big lab on the way out, made my mutt look little by comparison (weight-wise, in height they're comparable, but that sweet lab needs a diet).

But then she's living in a hotel 'til their house is rebuilt, so she can't exactly run around the yard right now, poor pup!
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

I wish someone would develop a 1-month rental model for apartments. Not so we could fully 'move in' because we're PODing so as not to have to physically move everything twice, rent a truck twice, etc., but to let us kind of camp there because...

This is the list. The part that doesn't include clothes, computers/devices, and toiletries:
Colander ("sieve?"), cutting board, decent knife, 1 pot, 1 pan (they have dishware and a plug-in cooktop thing), paper towels, 2-3 kitchen towels, dish soap, scrubbie, trash bags/can, laundry detergent (can't use softener, allergic), laundry basket, loveys, the travel mugs, meds & vitamins, dog bed, food, treats, bowls, mat for under her bowls, POSSIBLY our upright vacuum because, really, who wants to have housekeeping every day with a dog who just loooooves to love on the people?, the kids' school stuff because we homeschool year-round (it'll be lightweight but I can't let their brains idle for more than a week or getting them going again is like starting my old Dodge when I was in college), CHARGERS for the electrical stuff, all the ID ppwk and passports, AND... the food we take with us from here.

To misquote Jaws: We're going to need a bigger car.

Because the other car has the clothes and toiletries. And the DH, kids, and dog. :lol:
jstore97

Post by jstore97 »

When my kids had this situation, they stayed in an Air B and B. It was actually pretty reasonable and the people were happy they were there for more than a week as they didn't have to clean it as often.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

jstore97 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:01 pm When my kids had this situation, they stayed in an Air B and B. It was actually pretty reasonable and the people were happy they were there for more than a week as they didn't have to clean it as often.
You are BRILLIANT! I didn't think of Airbnb even though my inlaws run one several states away.

I did look, and unfortunately whats available for that time frame would save $, but doesn't allow dogs, and my daily rate for kenneling the dog offsets the savings. Gaah! So close! I'm going to check it periodically to see if anything comes along, maybe someone will cancel a reservation.

THANK YOU!
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

My dogs and their leashes and food (it's a pet friendly hotel!).

My laptop and charger.

Swim suit.

Stack of Library books.

Snacks, snacks, snacks!