Daily Check In June 8, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In June 8, 2018

Post by MackerelCat »

Good mornng, all. That is sad about Anthony Bourdain. He seemed to just be brimming with life.

Been to my primary care doc for the fasting blood work they could not do last week because my health insurance had not been activated. I went a week without coverage while Blue Cross was futzing around.

The dogs have been in and out several times. Our big dachshund girl who is going blind is in the backyard barking at birds. In full sunlight, she can still see the rather cheeky mockingbirds that dive bomb the yard. She is so joyful barking at them.

Toward noon I have lunch with a friend and then mountains of laundry. DH usually does some at mid week, but he has been super busy the past two weeks.

Hope everyone has lovely day.
Mackie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I hope to bake some cookies before it gets too hot this morning. It is already very hot this morning. 79º at 8 am. The humidity is 79%.

The first sheet of cookies is in the oven. I made one sheet of oatmeal raisin cookies for my daughter’s boyfriend I will give them to my daughter on Sunday.

The rest of the cookies have milk chocolate chips. Last time I made them with white chocolate chips.

I am tired and for some reasons my knees are hurting if they continue hurting I will call the Dr next week. Up about 2 weeks ago they rarely bothered me. I have had some tendon problems in the past.

I took the last sheet of cookies out of the oven. I set the timer for 30 minutes to rest.

I did empty the dishwasher, when I get up I do need to tackle the dishes. Most of it other then those from baking this morning will go into the dishwasher.

My garbage is gathered and out. I tried to walk but the A/C wasn’t working too well. I am feeling the heat a lot lately. Right now I have my ceiling fan going along with an air circulator fan. I pointed the air circulator fan straight up. I prefer these to the box fan, I could get a free box fan but since I have 3 of the 9” inch circulator fans. I turned have them down several times. When I moved in here I replaced my 12” circulator fans with the 9”ones. As the 12” ones were just too powerful.

Penny
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Howdy, Everyone!!!
We had a small but nasty thunderstorm earlier this morning but no damage in our area. That's a frugal thing for us as that means we don't have to run the sprinkler system. Even though we live in a community with an HOA (Home Owners Association), we are responsible for keeping our lawn looking green. In and of itself, that's not a bad thing but water is pricey here.

When the skies clear (still rumbling) we'll make a quick trip to the pharmacy to pick up some of my routine meds. Willow is hiding in the linen closet in the spare bathroom. She is totally freaked out by thunder!!! Ordinarily, when we don't know where she is, she will come when called to get a pat-pat. But if it's thundering, she does NOT come out! jeesh...

No spending today except for the pharmacy so that's a good thing. Bye for now. Stay safe.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good afternoon all.

I have felt so tired today. No energy even though I slept OK.

Very sad about Anthony Bourdain. I didn’t watch his programs but I know he was popular and seemed full of life. A few days ago the Dutch Queen’s 33-year-old sister in Argentina also took her own life. I have felt despondent at times (not recently) so I understand a bit how someone could feel so lost.

I went to CVS and used my $3 coupon to get deodorant for .59. Then to the library. Both my library and CVS are in a beach community and it is so much more pleasant now that the tourists are gone.

I stopped at mom’s house just to put her trash can back in the garage and pick up a few things there. No work today.

The U.S. Justice Department will no longer defend the ACA against challenges by 20 GOP states. Florida is probably one of the 20. This would eliminate the requirement that insurance companies sell insurance to those of us with pre-existing conditions. Depressing. I’ll be 65 in September 2019 so I will only need insurance for the first eight months of 2019. (Of course Medicare is in trouble, too. 2026 isn’t far away.) If I have to I figure I’d survive those eight months without insurance. Again, depressing.

Enjoy your day.
Last edited by floridacatlover on Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good early afternoon all,

Yes LWolfT we got quite a round of storms last evening, everything from blowing rain, thunder, lightning, hail and straight heavy downpours....it was wild. :?

I slept thru the night okay, but can tell it is Friday...still feel tired.

I too was shocked about Anthony Bourdain...a shame. He just always seemed so joyful and interested in everything going on around him. I guess you just never really know.

Steak for supper tonight. I will have mine thinly sliced over my salad.

I pulled the washer and dryer from the walls today to deep clean under and around them....it was gross. :oops: Next up is scrubbing the fixtures in the bathroom. Both jobs I just truly look forward too...NOT!

It is overcast and very humid out today....Might make some cookies or bars. Not much else going on, I have completed the monthly bills/paperwork which is another job I look forward too...LOL
Hope to make a trip to the library over the weekend. Might pickup a movie or two.

Have a great afternoon all,
JCKitty
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Slept so good last night and awoke with lots of energy today. I didn't see my lawn guy yesterday so last night about 6:00 I cut my front yard and half of the back before stopping. I will finish it up this evening after the sun goes down. If he doesn't get in touch with me then I will find someone else to cut it. I promised my children that I would not do it this summer and I certainly don't want to break another arm. That was a freak accident, but one I can do without.

My hanging baskets came yesterday from QVC and I am very pleased with them. I didn't open them until this morning and can't wait to see them lit up at night. They have timers so the lights will come on and go off at designated times. This is just a little extra fun added to the patio.

Inside work is done and haven't decided yet which extra chore I will try and accomplish today, but think I may finish up some painting inside of the closet doors in my office and the front door in the foyer. Should be a good day for paint to dry well.

I went to the funeral home last night for visitation of my friend, but will not go to the funeral. I had thought I would, but I said my goodbye's last night. I can't believe she is gone. One of her sister's passed away in December and I don't know if she worried so much about that until she didn't have the will to live any longer herself, as they were very close. I had first heard she had a heart attack, but last night I overheard a conversation that I believe there was more to it than that. I really don't want to know if it's true so I didn't ask any questions. I know she took a lot of pills.

So sorry to hear about Anthony Bourdain as well. It is for certain that we don't ever really know what is going around in someone's head, they are the only ones that do. He seemed to have the perfect life, but he and Kate Spade both had demons that none of us know about.

I am going to get busy and see if I can get some work done. Hope everyone is looking forward to a great week-end.
Last edited by littlemiss63 on Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.