Daily check in June 10, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily check in June 10, 2018

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I am working on another Tiny MacBook. I had no trouble with the cast on, or the short rows. Practice does help. I still plan on knitting another as I want to be able to put one away for my other grandson.

I mailed one to my granddaughter for her Birthday yesterday. My other grandson will get his for High School graduation.

I have been looking for my missing sunglasses. They are the type that goes over your glasses. I have 2 bins to go through plus a bag or two to double check. Three weeks ago I had 2 pairs in my purse. There is only one there now.

Yesterday I went grocery shopping much later normal so I took advantage of the time and choose a Rotisserie chicken for my main meat this week. I had that for supper last night with some baby carrots.

I will divide it up and freeze the rest later today. It was a nice change. I like to have cooked meals I can just pull out of the freezer.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Logics

Isn't it weird how others general disposition can affect us.

I hope you can ignore her complaints, but I know it is hard.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

What to do today

Did some purging yesterday. Amazing how many pairs of shorts I have. Think I have settled on my "costume/uniform" for this summer. LOL

Yes I like to wear the same type of clothes all the time for a season. Makes it easier to get dressed. Wonder if people think I wear the same pair of shorts four days in a row?

Hope all have a great day.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning!
Awoke to thunder ... finally getting a good soaking rain here! Janet, my area's been like yours ... thunder, lightning, but no rain.

Off yesterday for a road trip. Hit a couple of salvage/discount stores to do some stock-up. Did find some good deals, but overall, not as much as I would have liked. Maybe I've become a better shopper, or maybe the stores here are more competitive ...
Also took in a baseball game, which was fun, even though the home team lost. We got in much later than expected ... poor DH is probably dragging, since he had to be up early for work.

Gas here is still in the $2.80s ... though we found a good price on the way back and filled up the car.

Today, have groceries to put away; plants to water. May be a good day to start my latest round of eBay in my attempts to declutter.

Florida, glad you're all right ... those kinds of things shake me up a bit, too.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites

The computer did an automatic update yesterday and it has taken me this long to get used to those updates. Things are different and things are missing (Back up and Sync to the Google cloud for one). The missing things will just have to wait until youngest DS gets home to fix (which won't be for a few weeks) and the others I will just have to get used to.

I "found" one of my old youth group kids on facebook and we reconnected. It really is a great deal of fun seeing how much they have changed over the years and getting to talk to them again.

Yesterday we started the reorganization of the back room in the basement. I hope that we can work on that more today. Though most of what is left is Hubbies stuff and much of it can be recycled or tossed. I believe he plans on going through his paints (the wood working ones) today.

I finished the prayer shawl I was working on and now pulled out a bag of yarn to make those ruffled scarves with. I hope to get about 7 made over this week. People seem to love getting them as gifts and I always seem to need a little something at some time or other. It is also using up my yarn stash.

I have the spare sewing machine out and a couple of the patterns I had cut out as well. I hope to get started sewing at some point today as well.

Frugality wise the usual will be occurring. I will take my walk before Mass (better get on that right away), water most of my plants with lovely rain water from the barrel, make meals from scratch, watch our water consumption (boy that bill is getting high), and just plain work on reducing our carbon foot print by keeping the air conditioning off as long as possible. I have a feeling however that it will end up being turned on shortly.

Supper this evening is going to be Roast Chicken. Think I will make mashed potatoes, and green beans to go along with.

Today I am grateful for the sunshine to start our day (bad storms could be rolling in at some point).

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

It's a nice sunny day but hot. Still, I think I'll do some trimming in mom's back yard later today because I'm in the mood to be outside.

Yesterday I worked on mom's dining room pantry/closet a lot. It's a big closet that she used to store food, serving dishes, baking pans, holiday serving ware etc. I hate throwing any useful items away but I closed my eyes and pitched mom's old coffeemaker and blender. There is an old George Forman grill, probably from when they first came out. Mom didn't use it a lot so I'll see if it is good enough to donate. On the top shelf is a big, heavy metal warming/serving contraption that my grandmother gave mom when she got married. I didn't take it down and I haven't looked at it in years but I just can't get rid of it. I'll research it to see what it is called.

The shelves in the closet were very grimy. I blame myself for being a poor housekeeper because in later years mom could not see what needed to be cleaned. Oh well, it is clean now.

I did get a few things out of mom's bedroom closet to donate. Mostly dressier items, some unworn still with tags. In my mind they are not really my mom so I didn't mind letting them go. I dropped them along with some household items at the Salvation Army.

I have really been an emotional mess the past few days. Part of me wants to cry (mom's birthday coming up this week) and part of me wants to scream (Trump - I should stop reading the news). But on a happy note my Pippi is doing very well and is back to her old self.

Enjoy your day.