Daily check in June 10, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Daily check in June 10, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning. Just to get us started.
Dgflorida

Re: Daily check in June 10, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Sunday morning all,

It did not rain yesterday. I ran errands and did laundry and little stuff. Today the yard helper comes and I think we will tackle the area behind the shed. It seems taken over by vines and stuff. There are trashcans full of tree fall. Some fallen limbs need cutting and hauling to the trash pickup area as well. Once it is cleared, I am considering making a small covered area for materials that need protection from the rain, but not shed shelter.

This morning, I have to run more errands. The big Walmart to get a couple more trash cans, sun block and salt for the softener are the top priority. Then the yard helper comes this afternoon and it will be yard work the rest of the day. He is worth the money. I have so much catch up to do on this place. 25 years of renters really takes a lot out of a property.

Hubs wants some fruit trees. I pointed out how poorly they do here and most fruit is not allowed on his diet. He is up a couple of pounds due to wheat based burrito wraps and low carb ice cream two nights in a row. He is a bit depressed that it takes so little to raise his weight.

I wanted to paint the trim on the repaired porch, but a piece has sprung out. I will ask the handyman tomorrow what he thinks is the cause and how to solve it. He will be here to make some wind shields for the front window in case of a hurricane prior to our new window installation.

Today, I am grateful that I have found a young person who knows how to work hard. Have a good day everyone,
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Can't believe that the son of my downstairs neighbor who shouldn't be staying in his mom's place when she's away already turned the radio on at 7:20 A.M. It wasn't blasting but still loud enough for the sound to come up through my kitchen floor. Have put a fan on in the room and my TV on to drown out the sound although I'd much rather it just be quiet for now.

It's supposed to be mid-70s today but cloudy. Other than going to the store for some bananas that's really the only thing I HAVE to do today. I need to figure out a way of cutting back again on my trips to the grocery store as I'm first week in and already down a half month's grocery budget. I can do this, I know. Maybe that's what I need to concentrate on today.

Really getting tired of listening to my sister gripe about EVERYTHING! She really does need a job to concentrate on. I don't think I've been able to watch some of my regular TV programs the last 3 nights without her calling and griping for 20 minutes . . . GRRRR. This really has to stop. She's making ME miserable. I'm going to have to set boundaries that it's NOT all right to call me after 9:00 P.M.

Oh well, time to get on with MY day. Have a great Sunday everyone.
rinty

Post by rinty »

Relaxing day here.

Poor nights sleep as DH was travelling back from an Army Reunion and decided to text me Every Step Of The Way :) It was ncie that he had enjoyed it so much and he was buzzing but those 3am messages were a bit much, followedby the 4am and 5am ones.

So when he got in we both went to bed til 10am.

Smoked salmona nd scrambled eggs for brunch, chicken pot pie n white sauce for tea with whatever green veg we bought last week that is still fresh...........meringue shells and soft fruit for dessert. Our strawberry plants are still VERY unripe whereas every other UK blogger in Christendom has been eating theirs for weeks ???????

Lovely weekend for both of us. Like Mackie I did 6 loads of washing, line dried it and folded nand put most away. The ironing is looking at me reproachfully.....

Look away Ironing pile, look away.

I bought myself a very large log basket for show storage nowDH has moved all the furniture around, it does look good.

We are upping our soial life and its been fun.

House is immaculate, hurrah. DH needs to rest up today, he is still buzzing with tales of army buddies but he still drove for 8 hours over the visit. My role is to provide drinks I think. ;)

I might drive over to do a surprise check on DS ( one always picks up on things that way ! ) or I might trust them. DH always pops in midweek whilst I am working but they expect him.

The most exciting thing I HAVE to do is a To DO list so I get all the DS /financial/health stuff actually done instead of looking :? next Friday.

One frugal question. I have searched high and low for the circular water hyacinth placemats I really want. Internet/real shops/charity shops............THE LOT.

The only ones I can find are £7.99 EACH. I need 8. DISCUSS. £64 on placemats ?????

I do still want them but the purchse is def on HOLD.

Off to potter in the garden and deadhead flowers and kill slugs..........
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning everyone,

Busy day yesterday, up early to Mom and Dad's to do laundry, then to the Bridal Shower DDIL was throwing for her Sister, well the grandson's were there because DS1 picked up a side job. DGS4 started getting cheeky, so I traded car keys with DDIL and brought the boys back to my place for a few hours. DGS2 is a pokey an icky eater. He was hungry and tired. Both boys ate apple sauce and cheerios for me. DS1 called about 4 or so. He was back home with my car. So I took the boys to him and got my car back. Then I got my walk in.

Today I meeting up with friends and we are going to Mass at the Basilica in the next town and taking a tour. Then we will have lunch. While there I will meet up with DS1 and family. and take DGS1yr. They are going to the baseball game and it will be too hot for DGS1yr. I installed his car seat.

I found my address book. It was in the cabinet under my TV (where toys are kept). I put it there over Christmas. Sigh.

Have a great day,
Maggie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. We have a lovely cool morning ( 70 F)( 21 c) however going to go up to around(98 F) by this afternoon. We had storms come through yesterday starting with a lot of thunder and lightening mid morning but no rain for several hours. Then the afternoon was on and off rain and thunder, mostly thunder with little rain. People across the river and south and north had high winds, hail etc and some power outages. just really weird with the thunder the last several days but no rain in our area.

Today I am doing some meal prep. I will be baking bacon to make BLT for lunch or dinner and will freeze the rest for quick BLT's sandwiches later in the week or sometime during the month. I am going to make salads and put them in jars like Little Miss does. What a great idea. Have some eggs that that need to be used so will boil them to add to my salad and make a few deviled eggs for snacking. Also found a new recipe for South Western salad dressing that I want to make..Will make ketogenic sausage gravy and if any energy left will make almond flour biscuits to go with it. If I do not get to it then I will serve over toast tomorrow.

Have a great and frugal day.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama