Daily check in June 13, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Re: Daily check in June 13, 2018

Post by icfrugal1 »

Today would have been my fathers 97th birthday, he smoked and died 32 years ago at the age of 64 :(

I miss him everyday. He was not perfect, but he was all forgiveness . He got custody of me in 1964 when i was 14, that was not usual in the 1960's.

Why did it take me until my 60's to realize why a not wonderful daughter I was?? (I didn't drink or do drugs or run (very) wild)

His real gift was forgiveness, I so wish that I had spent more time with him.

IC
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I have really let the day get away from me without accomplishing a whole lot. I am not in the mood to be very productive and when I look at my to-do-list it's overwhelming me today. Seems like I get one thing done and think of 3 more that need doing. I have talked to myself and know that I am only one person and can only do so much in a day's time.

I feel like I've spent way to much money on clothes this month, but wanted new things to wear to my reunion and got the last dress and top in today from Coldwater Creek that were backordered. They are both beautiful, but even loving them I am still in a funk at how much I spent. Oh, well I am done and perhaps when I have them on waltzing into the reunion I will feel it was all worth it. LOL This is the dress that Mr. B liked the best, but my preference is the other one that I ordered. Once he sees both of them, perhaps he will change his mind.

I had hoped to get his pillowcases finished today, but will have to see how things go. Do you ever volunteer for something and then have second thoughts? I'm thinking I should have told him to get someone in his hometown to make them for him. He certainly has that open for him, but no I had to volunteer. My daughter grumbled because she had to come set up my machine for me and she will have to come and remove it when I'm finished. It will be setting on my dining room table for a week or so because I want to make the placemats, napkins and my laundry bag. I am going to go ahead and cut the rest of the stuff out. I guess it bothers me because it's sitting there and I am not being productive enough to finish the projects quicker. I use to keep my old machine set up in my laundry room and I'm not sure I shouldn't do that again as she doesn't want me lifting stuff.

I know ya'll are tired of hearing this saga, so I will get off my soapbox now.

Logics, you are a better woman than I am. Your sister should be so ashamed of herself. I've often wondered why it seems that the people who should love us the most are the ones that can destroy us mentally with words. I know this has to be so hard on you and you don't deserve this kind of treatment. It would be a cold day in you know where before I would help her again, enough is enough. (((((Hugs))) Am I understanding you correctly you even gave her your share of your Mother's estate? Sister if you did that you are beyond a saint or angel that I called you one time, I don't care how small it was.

Florida, sorry you are feeling down. You are in that grieving process that just takes time to let it run it's course. You are still going through your Mom's things and that keeps things even more raw. I know you don't believe it now, but time will help you heal.
After DH died, I would have days that I could do nothing but just cry and didn't have any special thing happen to cause it, it just happened. In the last 6 months that hasn't happened to me and my thoughts now when I think about him are happy ones. Our Anniversary would have been the 11th and it's the first year since he's died that I could talk to my children about our wedding day without crying.

Hope all of you have a great day and tomorrow I promise I want be a DebbieDowner.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

littlemiss63 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:58 pm Good Afternoon Everyone,

I have really let the day get away from me without accomplishing a whole lot. I am not in the mood to be very productive and when I look at my to-do-list it's overwhelming me today. Seems like I get one thing done and think of 3 more that need doing. I have talked to myself and know that I am only one person and can only do so much in a day's time.

I feel like I've spent way to much money on clothes this month, but wanted new things to wear to my reunion and got the last dress and top in today from Coldwater Creek that were backordered. They are both beautiful, but even loving them I am still in a funk at how much I spent. Oh, well I am done and perhaps when I have them on waltzing into the reunion I will feel it was all worth it. LOL This is the dress that Mr. B liked the best, but my preference is the other one that I ordered. Once he sees both of them, perhaps he will change his mind.

I had hoped to get his pillowcases finished today, but will have to see how things go. Do you ever volunteer for something and then have second thoughts? I'm thinking I should have told him to get someone in his hometown to make them for him. He certainly has that open for him, but no I had to volunteer. My daughter grumbled because she had to come set up my machine for me and she will have to come and remove it when I'm finished. It will be setting on my dining room table for a week or so because I want to make the placemats, napkins and my laundry bag. I am going to go ahead and cut the rest of the stuff out. I guess it bothers me because it's sitting there and I am not being productive enough to finish the projects quicker. I use to keep my old machine set up in my laundry room and I'm not sure I shouldn't do that again as she doesn't want me lifting stuff.

Logics, you are a better woman than I am. Your sister should be so ashamed of herself. I've often wondered why it seems that the people who should love us the most are the ones that can destroy us mentally with words. I know this has to be so hard on you and you don't deserve this kind of treatment. It would be a cold day in you know where before I would help her again, enough is enough. (((((Hugs))) Am I understanding you correctly you even gave her your share of your Mother's estate? Sister if you did that you are beyond a saint or angel that I called you one time, I don't care how small it was.

Florida, sorry you are feeling down. You are in that grieving process that just takes time to let it run it's course. You are still going through your Mom's things and that keeps things even more raw. I know you don't believe it now, but time will help you heal.
After DH died, I would have days that I could do nothing but just cry and didn't have any special thing happen to cause it, it just happened. In the last 6 months that hasn't happened to me and my thoughts now when I think about him are happy ones. Our Anniversary would have been the 11th and it's the first year since he's died that I could talk to my children about our wedding day without crying.

Hope all of you have a great day and tomorrow I promise I want be a DebbieDowner.
LittleMiss, don’t worry about being a DebbieDowner today. I’m with you. I have felt so low. I’m feeling overwhelmed with mom’s house just as today you are feeling overwhelmed with your list. And yes, I’ve volunteered for things and later regretted it.

To top it off, a friend emailed me a a story that a rag here in Florida has put out about my former company. It has so many inaccuracies that I’d like to correct but will stay silent so as not to publish my name. Some less sophisticated former employees will likely worry about their pensions if they read the piece. I know there is no need to worry. Burns me so much.

I’m thinking of running to the store to get a small bottle of wine. (I’m not usually a drinker.) Want to join me?
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Dgflorida wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:16 am I'm sorry Maggie. I waited a bit and didn't see you online, so I didn't know you were posting. I will wait longer tomorrow.
Nope, Wasn't me, It was Logics. I was late, it was almost 640. I found it more funny than anything.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:18 am Good morning all.

I had a bad night last night. Couldn’t sleep because I was worrying about stupid household stuff. Got up at 5 a.m. and took a Xanax (prescribed by my doctor about 6 weeks ago for anxiety), read a bit and then back to bed and slept until 8:30.

Just got a call that Pippi’s food is in at the vet so I’ll pick that up before going to mom’s house. Not sure if I’ll work inside or in the yard there. I’m getting a bit better about throwing things away. Cleaning mom’s house has reinforced my view to live with less - even though mom’s clutter was really ordinary, not a hoarder or anything like that. (Way too much Christmas stuff, however.)

I’ve been searching for something good to watch on a Netflix or Prime and last night settled on The Americans on Prime. I started watching this years ago but gave up because it was on at 10 p.m. I’ve always loved espionage shows. Prime has 5 of the 6 seasons. I like that it is set in D.C. in the 1980s, just when I lived there. (Unrelated but even way back then Paul Manafort’s lobbying firm was considered slime almost as a fact so I’m totally unsurprised about recent events.)

Enjoy your day.
Florida Cat sorry to hear you had a bad night.. I do hope you sleep better tonight.. ((hug)). Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

littlemiss63 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:58 pm Good Afternoon Everyone,

Libby sorry you are feeling down. We all go through periods of ups and downs. There are time when most people feel unproductive and it is ok. Sometimes I think we expect too much from ourselves. You have worked hard and it ok to let a day or two or more as needed to get things done. Sending your a(( hug)). Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama