Daily check in June 13, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily check in June 13, 2018

Post by floridacatlover »

Logics, I’m so sorry that you are feeling low. You have been such a good sister, far better than I would have been in a similar situation. I’m so glad that you have found things like your coloring group, senior center activities, your websites, that give you joy. You are doing so well since your mom died and I look to your example as I struggle with my own mom’s loss. (((Hugs)))
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

I had a bad night last night. Couldn’t sleep because I was worrying about stupid household stuff. Got up at 5 a.m. and took a Xanax (prescribed by my doctor about 6 weeks ago for anxiety), read a bit and then back to bed and slept until 8:30.

Just got a call that Pippi’s food is in at the vet so I’ll pick that up before going to mom’s house. Not sure if I’ll work inside or in the yard there. I’m getting a bit better about throwing things away. Cleaning mom’s house has reinforced my view to live with less - even though mom’s clutter was really ordinary, not a hoarder or anything like that. (Way too much Christmas stuff, however.)

I’ve been searching for something good to watch on a Netflix or Prime and last night settled on The Americans on Prime. I started watching this years ago but gave up because it was on at 10 p.m. I’ve always loved espionage shows. Prime has 5 of the 6 seasons. I like that it is set in D.C. in the 1980s, just when I lived there. (Unrelated but even way back then Paul Manafort’s lobbying firm was considered slime almost as a fact so I’m totally unsurprised about recent events.)

Enjoy your day.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

LogicsHere wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:54 am Postings at the same time are what cause me to "lock up" and lose everything that I spent time writing. Wish there was a way to resolve that problem.

I have never felt more hurt than I do today.

To make it short, my last conversations with my sister boil down to (1) that my FL family is NONE of my business, (2) that a great-aunt is a nobody, (3) that her and her daughter's business is again NONE of my business not that I ever asked her about her business and the only thing I know about her finances is what SHE told me and she volunteered when she wanted my help to get her finances in order and (4) that her habit of calling me to complain about her daughter, her daughter's boyfriend and her husband is my fault.

I just wonder how she would have felt if I had told her that her debt over the last 30 some years was NONE of my business or MY responsibility or if I had taken my share of the small inheritance my mother left.

I am so hurt and so angry at the same time that I could spit tacks. I guess that when I lost my mom, that it left me without any family whatsoever. I keep a small notebook where I write periodically to God asking for his help. I wrote him this morning asking him to help me forgive her because she doesn't always think before she speaks and doesn't know what she says when she spews the words out, but I'm not so sure that I can this time.
I'm so sorry, there is no hurt like family hurt. Can you pull yourself away from her?

IC
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:58 am Logics, I’m so sorry that you are feeling low. You have been such a good sister, far better than I would have been in a similar situation. I’m so glad that you have found things like your coloring group, senior center activities, your websites, that give you joy. You are doing so well since your mom died and I look to your example as I struggle with my own mom’s loss. (((Hugs)))
Thank you for your kind words, support and the hugs. I'll get through this; it's just going to take some time.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:58 am Logics, I’m so sorry that you are feeling low. You have been such a good sister, far better than I would have been in a similar situation. I’m so glad that you have found things like your coloring group, senior center activities, your websites, that give you joy. You are doing so well since your mom died and I look to your example as I struggle with my own mom’s loss. (((Hugs)))
Thanks for your kind words, support and hugs. I'll get through this, but it will take some time.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

icfrugal1 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:26 am
I'm so sorry, there is no hurt like family hurt. Can you pull yourself away from her?

IC
Thanks IC. I have no choice but to pull myself away. I know my sister better than she knows herself and this unfortunately is not going to be a couple of day thing with her. I just have to take one day at a time and just not be available any more.