Daily check-in June 14, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily check-in June 14, 2018

Post by clemencia2us »

LittleMiss

Check into a real landscape company. Sometimes they are less expensive and more reliable.

Scotts did a fabulous job on my nephews lawn in san antonio.

They work fast too.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

littleMiss,

Dad gets his own breakfast, I make up fried potatoes in single portions, have sausage patties precooked and ready and plenty of eggs.

Lunch for dad can run the gamut, sometimes he will eat sometimes he just isn't hungry. I keep things like Vienna sausages (eewww) and chips and cheese dip for him at all times in case I can't be there.

Supper I cook every night or once in a while take out...tonights pizza was a hit with dad.
I have found the stove burners turned on but not enough to light and then there's the fact that dad eats better if someone is there to cook and eat with him.

I think the truth of the matter is my mom "spoiled" my dad and I have taken up where she left off LOL.
I feel very blessed and thankful that I still have my dad but I guess I get whiny and tired....this feeling will pass.

I KNOW my dad appreciates everything I do because he tells me thanks for the help all the time.
All of this to say...dad really shouldn't be doing any cooking with out someone there.
JCKitty
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:00 pm
Mrscreative wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:57 pm Good afternoon all,

Processed a huge amount of rhubarb this morning, and also got my running in. Spent over an hour watering garden and pulling weeds. Feeling a bit cranky and tired of being everyone's skivvy. Should make it a "fend for yourself" dinner. Certainly lots of food available.

Hopefully tomorrow I will be in a better mood. Weather is beautiful here so can't blame it on that. Janet I hope you're feeling better!

Creative
what is a "skivvy"? :mrgreen:
Clem - a skivvy is the person stuck doing the majority of the menial household chores. I think it's an old English term
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

We had a storm roll through here this afternoon. Lost power for just over 3 hours. I shouldn't complain as lots of places still do not have teir power back up. The power plant in our city produces power for the entire SE corner of the province and for some of North Dakota and South Dakota. So I have a feeling that it was an even bigger blackout than they are letting on.

The small village 9 miles from us had serious hail damage and flooding. Our hail was just pea sized and really caused no damage at all.

Well off to do a bit of work before hitting the blankets.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

jckitty wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:31 pm littleMiss,

Dad gets his own breakfast, I make up fried potatoes in single portions, have sausage patties precooked and ready and plenty of eggs.

Lunch for dad can run the gamut, sometimes he will eat sometimes he just isn't hungry. I keep things like Vienna sausages (eewww) and chips and cheese dip for him at all times in case I can't be there.

Supper I cook every night or once in a while take out...tonights pizza was a hit with dad.
I have found the stove burners turned on but not enough to light and then there's the fact that dad eats better if someone is there to cook and eat with him.

I think the truth of the matter is my mom "spoiled" my dad and I have taken up where she left off LOL.
I feel very blessed and thankful that I still have my dad but I guess I get whiny and tired....this feeling will pass.

I KNOW my dad appreciates everything I do because he tells me thanks for the help all the time.
All of this to say...dad really shouldn't be doing any cooking with out someone there.
JCKitty
Kitty, I understand. No doesn't sound like he should be doing any cooking if he doesn't get the stove off. Spoiling him isn't going to hurt a thing.
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Howdy JCKitty:

I, too, spoiled Daddy. But at age 73 I'm the only one of my real life friends who still had a living parent. How fortunate I was to have him in my life for so many years!!!

Daddy has been gone since December 31. I miss him so much. I'm in the "first" stage: First birthday, first Easter, first everything during the first year.

Hubby tells me that I did all that I could do so I should not worry that I "could have done more". Daddy just wore out! He was just three months shy of 100 years old.

Enjoy your Dad, Kitty.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17