Daily Check in June 15, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative

Re: Daily Check in June 15, 2018

Post by Mrscreative »

icfrugal1 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:28 pm
Mrscreative wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:20 pm Clemencia - didn't realize there was an APP for Ancestry. I'll have to look into that. I also ordered a DNA kit for myself, taking advantage of the Father's Day Sale. I am almost 99% sure the Polynesian blood comes from dh's side but we shall have to wait and see. Dd also came out as more Asian than Caucasian and yet doesn't really look very Asian at all. She's been mistaken for French, Italian and Spanish - even part aboriginal or Metis. That way I can put to rest if there were any of my ancestors that were explorers during Captain James Cook's time. Does anyone one know whether siblings can have slightly different DNA ethnicity results? Our oldest dd looks a little more Asian.

Creative
My older sister and I did both ancestry DNA and 23andme. 23ad me showed that we matched at 51% of our DNA and that we were sisters. Our ancestry did show different ethnicity results, not drastic, but different %'s this and that. we were both surprised!

It is fun :D 8-)

IC
Thanks for letting me know this. After buying the DNA kit I kind of got suckered into buying the membership at 50% off. But so far it's given me hours of entertainment over the past two rainy days. So I don't think I will regret it and I've been able to go back quite a few generations.