Daily check in June 16, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
BevMoore

Re: Daily check in June 16, 2018

Post by BevMoore »

Good morning!

Weather is forecast to be cooler today so maybe I can get a few things done here. My kitchen and bathrooms need a scrubbing so i will start there.

Tonight we have a vegetarian group potluck and meeting. I have a cookbook with some simple dishes to prepare so I will pick one that sounds good. I just started following Dr. Joel Furman's way of eating so I will see how that works out. Mostly fruits and vegetables. I hope I can lose some weight; I am not a weight losing machine but at least I am feeling better. I can already see following this way of eating could be very frugal. Yesterday I went to pick up my new glasses and since Sprouts is close by and I had a $5.00 of $30 store coupon I stopped by there. I bought produce. Usually I go way over on these deals but this time I barely made the $30. And wound og with three grocery bags full of fresh produce.

I am going to post; computer is being wonky.

Bev
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Went for my morning walk, but cut it short as I do not feel 100%. My tummy is a bit queasy. I think I may be sticking very close to home until I need to leave for Mass tonight.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ... going to be another hot one it seems.

Hope everyone is feeling better today. Jackie, maybe the short night's sleep is making you feel a bit queasy ...
CG ...happy anniversary!
Florida, good idea on Pippi's treats!

Let's see, the jam came out well. Hauled DH off to a church festival for dinner last night. (He was in a funk over some work issues.) Food was OK, and it was nice to get out.

Am feeling a bit frustrated ... our doctor retired, and DH has an issue that should be looked at. He doesn't want to deal with picking a new doctor ... sigh.

Today, will make a grocery run; may clean up some paid work. Planning to go to a free concert at one of the parks tonight ...
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good morning everyone,
I slept in, but am still feeling sluggish. I did go for my walk about 9 AM. We are supposed to be hot and muggy all weekend. I am trying to get motivated to do a bit of straightening up and getting started on sewing. I could finish the top quite quickly. I keep procrastinating. I told Mom and Dad I'd come up tomorrow to do laundry. DB2 and DSIL are spending the day there today. Tomorrow they are going to DB1's for dinner.

Have a great day,
Maggie
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Afternoon Everyone,

The temperature is 93º, but it's still a beautiful day. I have a couple of errands to run and will do that as soon as I get dressed and finished with this check-in.

I am glad that I did all the housework I did last week as to free up the next couple of days for me. Sometimes I will leave left-over chores to complete on the weekend and I think I needed a weekend of doing nothing. I have several things socially coming up next week so it will be a full week.

Mr. B is in Memphis this weekend at a family reunion. He would have loved for me to have met him there, but since daughter dear feels the way she does about me I told him that I didn't think it was a good idea. If she never accepts me in his life this will always be an issue. I can only hope in time that things change for if we do continue with out relationship I will not always stay away. He wants me there and she will have to ignore me. The longer this goes on, the more selfish I think she is. She should, but doesn't realize how much this bothers him and eventually he's going to have to tell her. If she wanted him to be happy she could see it. This isn't a teenager we are talking about here, she's 61 years old.

I crossed off a couple more projects on the to-do-list yesterday, but lots more to go.

I am getting ready to lose about half of my storage space in the double closet that I plan to convert for my inside laundry room, so I ordered me 4 plastic containers on rollers to slide under my bed to put sheets/pillowcases and extra towels/washcloths in. Has anyone else ever stored things under their beds? With rollers and from the reviews I read they roll easily on carpet and I can take them out to clean underneath the bed monthly. Nikki (on YouTube) uses flat baskets and puts her sheets in a little duffle type bag, she says it's so easy to make the bed with them there. I had read one time about someone placing their linens for the bed between the mattress and box springs. I will make any type of concession to get that washer/dryer inside.

Ok, off to run my errands and I hope everyone that is feeling under the weather get's to feeling better as the day goes on. Have a wonderful weekend.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon/almost evening,

Quick check in for me today. It's been raining pretty steadily all afternoon and is to continue all day tomorrow. So a good time to catch up on my Ancestry work! This morning I woke up extremely early (just before 5:00 am) so did my grocery shopping early two. I went to two different stores and will go to Shoppers Drug Mart tomorrow or later this week to pick up a couple of specials. Just didn't feel like doing any more cherry picking today. Lunch was a 50% reduced ready made salad.

In the afternoon I watched the whole movie of "Bridge on the River Kwai" on tv. Before I had watched bits and pieces of it and it is a true classic. Dh was happy I took that time to spend with him. I feel like I haven't accomplished much today but sometimes you need days like that.

Creative