Desktop & laptop disposal? Recycling

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
SandiSAHM

Desktop & laptop disposal? Recycling

Post by SandiSAHM »

Help. Where do people get rid of PC towers and laptops? There are wires and batteries in those things that don't belong in a landfill.

Who take them? We've collected 3! They don't work, the hard drives have been removed and turned into external hard drives so we didn't lose anything, but the rest of it... and the laptop batteries... where does it all "go?"
Carleen

Re: Desktop & laptop disposal? Recycling

Post by Carleen »

I called our City Hall several years ago to ask where to dispose of old computers. They told me about a few recycling sites locally and we've used them a few times over the years.

(Incidentally, I was born in Oklahoma when my father was stationed at Fort Sill before the end of WW II.)
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

SandiSAHM wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:02 pm Help. Where do people get rid of PC towers and laptops? There are wires and batteries in those things that don't belong in a landfill.

Who take them? We've collected 3! They don't work, the hard drives have been removed and turned into external hard drives so we didn't lose anything, but the rest of it... and the laptop batteries... where does it all "go?"
our small town has a once a year turn in type thing for items like that. What they do with it afterwards???

Since you live in a large city - check the city website. Should have info for that - days they take them - locations - fees etc.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

We take ours to the place in our city that sends things like that on to be recycled. Check and see if your city has a depot/central spot to take them.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Carleen wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:10 pm(Incidentally, I was born in Oklahoma when my father was stationed at Fort Sill before the end of WW II.)
:D

I've been here over 2 decades now. I was born on a long-closed Air Force base in Ohio, to a career guy and his foreign-born wife. Then I moved every few years until getting here.