Daily Check in June 18, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in June 18, 2018

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning Frugals!
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check in June 18, 2018

Post by mbrudnic »

Hey Folks,

Yesterday I got up early and did laundry at Mom and Dad's. I attended 4 PM Mass. We get restless here when Mass goes over an hour. We are hot and humid again. Makes it tough to get my steps in, but I am doing it.

I have breakfast and lunch packed for the day.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I have been up for awhile now. I needed to use the bathroom and since it was fairly close to my usual get up time, I just stayed up. I always read the news first along with a cup of coffee (need to wake up before I type), and then move on to the forum.

It looks to be a lovely clear day so the clothes will all get put on the lines today. Gives me more exercise going up and down the stairs... lol.

Frugally speaking this day will be the same as every other day. I really do lead a fairly boring life. So far today's excitement has been watching a stray cat out the front window try and reach a mouse that squeezed under our recycle bin. So far the mouse is winning.

Not really sure what today will bring. I do have the usual Monday chores to be done and I should do some weeding. Think I will start with the hosta bed at the side of the house first. I had a wood tick crawling on me yesterday and I am not sure where it came from... Sure hope it wasn't the back yard or the perennial bed will never be weeded by me again.

Both DSs phoned their Dad last night (and talked to me for a bit). Youngest says he is going to try and come home this coming weekend. Oldest will be home for a bit from the 2nd or 3rd of July. He plans on staying about a week, then going to visit a friend near the capital for a week, before heading home. Youngest may come home for a bit at the same time so he can visit with his brother. I may have the Grandcat so that youngest can go camping for a bit.

Supper this evening is going to be leftover pork roast. It will probably be made into a casserole of sorts.

Today I am grateful that both sons phoned within minutes of each other.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ... looks like another scorcher here today.
Think the extent of my outside chores yesterday was to hose off some mats, LOL! Though I did water the vegetable gardens later in the evening.

Today, have some errands to run and some work to do. I have a pork roast that needs to be baked ... think that will go in the Nesco.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. I think I feel better..lol. No temp last night but still not feeling great. I have a bad headache and a sore throat. Should call Dr to make an appointment.

We too are dealing with scorching hot weather. We are suppose to have a heat index up to ( 105 F) (40.6 C) through tomorrow night,. I am so ready for Fall and it is not even officially summer until June 21st...lol. My former aide, who moved to Texas, said she is having a hard time adjusting to the heat in Texas.I would imagine we are having similar heat as you ladies in Texas are experiencing?

Hope those of you not feeling well feel better soon.. Stay cool

Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

I too got up too early. Pups had to go out. Now they are all asleep again. Do I go back to sleep? No.

Not going to be as hot today. It is supposed to rain one of these days. I really don't expect it and don't understand why people keep talking about it. This is south texas - it is normal not to have rain in the summer.

It is laundry day. Exciting - :mrgreen:

After that - the usual. Are we boring? Lol

Have a good one.