Daily Check in June 18, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in June 18, 2018

Post by clemencia2us »

icfrugal1 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:44 pm More drama !!!

So last month was older sisters bday, but she and her DH were in Europe, so we (younger sister and I ) did FB happy bday to her. when she and her DH got back they traveled to another state to visit son and his 5 kids, so older sister has been traveling. :?

And older sisters DH was 11 days after hers, but again they were traveling, I was able to call him and wish him a happy bday.

This morning younger sister called me and said that older sister was upset that we had not celebrated her bday,

We celebrate by going out to dinner. So I called older sister to arrange the dinner.

NOW the problem is that DH may not come because of the location, sister wants it near her house fair enough, but DH hates my driving and it's too far for him, and no he won't drive my car, he could but he won't. If it was closer to us he would go. So now older sister is hurt, well nothing that I can did about it AAUUGGG !!!

For years after my mother died DH refused to go to anything with my family. How is this new behavior?????? It's NOT there is nothing that I can do about it !!

IC
so she's mad cuz he isn't going?

I have a BIL that I see maybe once every five years. He is reclusive. We don't care - lol. Have a good time.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

OMG I need to start controlling my mouth.

Just spent some time with ill sibling. She asks questions that she should know the answer to, so I give a smart reply. Well I do that to everyone - :mrgreen:

Then she didn't know how to unlock car doors with out using the fob. Said she never used the controls on the door, so had no clue. Car is at least ten years. old.

Has this fear of remotes etc. How she worked at a school for over 30 years???
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Another hot sunny day here in the South. Believe it or not I was another one up early this morning. I was so hungry when I woke up so fixed me some bacon and eggs. Should have stayed up, but I laid back down to work a puzzle that I love on my phone and I fell back to sleep. Oh well, I will just work longer tonight.

Enjoyed my weekend immensely. It's something about church service that makes my week start off good.

I haven't decided what chore I will tackled today, but think it will be to sew the other pair of pillowcases for Mr. B. Late this afternoon I can continue with something outside. It's to hot to be out there in the middle of the day doing anything.

I am going to leave my milk in it's container instead of pouring it into a jar. I was taking a page from Nikki's Organization of her fridge, but I didn't feel like the milk lasted as long pouring it into a jar as leaving in it's plastic jug. I also, like pouring it from the jug better than a jar. That is the only tip she has given that I didn't like.

I haven't talked about my Egyptian Cotton Sheets in awhile and I want ya'll to know that these have gotten better and softer from each wash. Now after about 6 months they are practically wrinkle free when I put them on the bed. I haven't switched out to another set in six months, just strip the bed, wash them and put them back on so they have been laundered at least 24 times and still look like new. No pilling, just pure comfort. I will definitely buy again and they were worth the price tag at Bed, Bath and Beyond. I have Queen sized ones and I think on sale they were around $90.00.

Well, that is about all the news from here. Janet so glad that you are feeling better and Penney you too. Everyone have a blessed day.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

It is so hot here in southern Tennessee! Yeesh, July and August are going to be brutal.

I spent most of the day at work creating a newsletter. No template was left for me, so I had to make it up as I went. There was a lot of sighing going on.But I had a delicious lunch of leftovers and iced tea.
Mackie
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Hi all -
Feeling better physically today but laid low by the border situation. What kind of people take little kids from their parents? I am so ashamed of my country.

On the homefront have been doing laundry and paying bills. Straightened my bedroom and the family room, so a lot accomplished. Hubs is playing golf this evening so I have a little time to myself. Hoping to get bills finished and then do some cross stitch to turn my mind off.

Have a great rest of the day folks.