23andme and Ancestry

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

Re: 23andme and Ancestry

Post by rinty » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:31 am

MackerelCat wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:52 pm
The older two are half chihuahua, but are not small. They got slightly shorter ears and slightly longer legs from that side of their family, but otherwise look like longhaired dachshunds.

The youngest is half Eskimo spitz. She looks like a golden fox.
OOOOh I need to see pictures of the youngest, she sounds so cute !

And so pleased re your news re your eyesight, what an incredible relief for you !

rinty

Post by rinty » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:34 am

BeckyO wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:42 am
I had my DNA tested before 23 and Me. I have not checked the new results they notified me of. But I did pat myself on the back-- LOL-- because I had found relatives everywhere they said my bloodline came from. I also knew about all but 2 of the "new relatives" they connected me with. I didn't have all the details. I was glad to get those, but I knew their parents or children, ie, where they belonged on my tree. But I had been doing research over 50 years.
BeckyO
I'm glad you felt they were accurate. I am very leery ....."Congrats, you are Danish and Japanese !" It just feels as you are paying they want to make you as exotic as possible.

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:47 am

rinty wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:31 am
MackerelCat wrote:
The older two are half chihuahua, but are not small. They got slightly shorter ears and slightly longer legs from that side of their family, but otherwise look like longhaired dachshunds.

And so pleased re your news re your eyesight, what an incredible relief for you !
Rinty, this is the youngest dog. Sunlight is making her colors less rich, but she's creamy on the front, gold on the back. She is aptly named Marigold, although not after the baby in Downton Abbey. :)

Thanks for the good wishes about my eyesight. It was such a relief to get a smile out of the doctor!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mackie

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:15 am

Mackie what a little sweetheart. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

rinty

Post by rinty » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:57 pm

MackerelCat wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:47 am
rinty wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:31 am
MackerelCat wrote:

Rinty, this is the youngest dog. Sunlight is making her colors less rich, but she's creamy on the front, gold on the back. She is aptly named Marigold, although not after the baby in Downton Abbey. :)

Thanks for the good wishes about my eyesight. It was such a relief to get a smile out of the doctor!

She is very pretty and exotic !