23andme and Ancestry

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Re: 23andme and Ancestry

Post by icfrugal1 »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:52 pm The older two are half chihuahua, but are not small. They got slightly shorter ears and slightly longer legs from that side of their family, but otherwise look like longhaired dachshunds.

The youngest is half Eskimo spitz. She looks like a golden fox.
We never did DNA on dog, but we think that he was chihuahua, rat terrier, corgi and part dachshund. The dachshund is what may have "done him in", his back was very bad.

We do know that he was "The worlds greatest dog" :lol: 8-) :D

Cool about your doggies !

IC
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Corgis tend to have bad backs too. Our son had a corgi who slipped a disc in his back. He managed to recover with only slight nerve damage to his legs, but that is often not the case. They are wonderful dogs, though: so smart and so funny.
Mackie
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:21 pm Corgis tend to have bad backs too. Our son had a corgi who slipped a disc in his back. He managed to recover with only slight nerve damage to his legs, but that is often not the case. They are wonderful dogs, though: so smart and so funny.
You may be right about the corgi part, we had him operated on when he lost being able to walk, but he caught a UTI which caused strocks. :( :( :(

IC
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

I have another grandson LOL My older sisters oldest sisters son came back as my grandson.

We share 23.8% DNA.

I promise you that I did not give birth to my older sister 16 months before I am born !

IC
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

icfrugal1 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:21 pm I have another grandson LOL My older sisters oldest sisters son came back as my grandson.

We share 23.8% DNA.

I promise you that I did not give birth to my older sister 16 months before I am born !

IC
Yikes that is sad and scary... what the heck? I thought they were so sure of their work. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
BeckyO

Post by BeckyO »

I had my DNA tested before 23 and Me. I have not checked the new results they notified me of. But I did pat myself on the back-- LOL-- because I had found relatives everywhere they said my bloodline came from. I also knew about all but 2 of the "new relatives" they connected me with. I didn't have all the details. I was glad to get those, but I knew their parents or children, ie, where they belonged on my tree. But I had been doing research over 50 years.
BeckyO